Hackintosh compatible?

Lennardude

60 posts in this topic

Of course., a hackintosh will have some problems after installation, because it's not for everyone ! If you want a stable system, go on linux !

And some solutions to solve problems are here, just use the search function ;)

What Linux version do you prefer actually? I once tried mint but my video driver, and some programs such as chrome and explorer didn't work well.....

If it works on 10.7.4 and its 64-bit you can make it work on ML in almost all cases.

The Ubuntu family is the easiest to get going with, it all just works; although the 6850's don't like linux at the moment, not sure if thats been rectified or not yet...

ok but should I first install 10.7.4 and then upgrade to 10.8..or just 10.8..?

• 2 weeks later...

Next week I'm gonna try it but I already read the tutorial, I also watched a few youtube tuts on hackintosh but they mentioned something called "DSDT" and that's also in the tutorial which "rockinron_1" gave me but in the youtube clip he went to http://www.tonymacx86.com/11-dsdt-database.html but my motherboard isn't listed in there..?

What Linux version do you prefer actually? I once tried mint but my video driver, and some programs such as chrome and explorer didn't work well.....

I think Ubuntu 12.10 is the best ! And yes there is chrome on linux, but it's named Chromium

Okay I have a few more questions ( sorry for all my questions but I really want to have hackintosh :P )

As I said, my dsdt isn't listed in tonymac86 dsdt page so will it be possible that the things such as sound, network and usb3 etc will work?

In the HCL page of 10.7.4 is my motherboard confirmed working with lion, but at the install notes it says:

"Installation method:

• Install iATKOS L2 (with IOPCIFamily.kext, ALC892.kext, AHCI.kext, NVenabler.kext, USB.kext, USB3.0.kext, Realtek RTL8111/8168.kext, AR9285.kext and PS2.kext"

Source: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.7.4

Those are kext's which so they will make my sound and network work but how, where and when do I have to install these?

Also I have prepared an USB with mountain lion with the tutorial you gave me earlier ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/ ) but at step 2C.1 It says that I have to copy the two kexts to my USB in a specific location but my question here is: Do I have to copy the zips inpacked or unpacked or only the files?

Those were my questions I hope you can answer them, thank you already for your help

Lennard

Hi, The whole weekend I've been trying to make a bootable usb to install hackintsosh but none of the methods I used worked

1. I used ###### mountain lion

2. I used the guide on insanelymac forum: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

3. Used ###### and than a retail cd of snow leopard

What happened:

1. I didn't see the mac boot but at this attempt I didn't know how to get the dmg ( yeah I downloaded from piratebay, I want to buy it but first I want to be sure it will work on my pc )in the app folder so we tried something and ###### did work but it doesn't work....

2. Saw 1/100 sec a logo of apple then it reboots

3. When I hit enter to go to install os x snow leopard, the apple logo shows up and the spin keeps spinning for over 10 minutes than I shut it down.

I really will appreciate your help!! I want hackintosh so badly!!

Lennard