Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Im glad to be a part of this forum. Just signed up 20 mins ago.
I have an old macpro 2008 fully loaded using yosemite 10.10.5.
I would not like to touch that OSX version but been curious with mojave on hackintosh PC.
i also have a low/mid range gaming windows PC.
My specs for my W7/10 dual boot (same SSD) windows PS are as follows:
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-V
Intel i7 3770k
8GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM
Antec HCG 620W PSU
Asus GTX 560 DC
Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
Built everything in mid 2012.
Will these hardware lets me install Mojave? If not, whats the max OSX i can install?
Then worst case, will i be able to install atleast yosemite 10.10?
I dont mind if i get Nullcpupowermanagement and not be able to use my bios C1 packages and sleep or any intel speedstep as i dont use them anyways in my windows OS.
i just need it to work smoothly with MB audio built-in, wifi, ethernet, Usb port 2.0 and 3.0.
im not a gamer but likes to use Logic pro X.
was thinking of using the W10 partition for the hackintosh OSX but if possible, i could use a 64GB USB 3.0 thumbdrive.
Thanks in advance.
Update: Now running Mojave! Thanks to mojave2core! Yeah Still using C2D in 2019!
Inserted a nice and cheap GT710 that is not relying on nVidias Webdrivers and runs OOB under Mojave.
Nice, seeing High Sierra running on this old but capable system! It rocks with a new ASUS GT1030
6 GB DDR2 RAM
Asus GT1030 2GB
Sandisk SSD 128GB
TP-Link AC1200 Wifi USB
Inateck KT4006 USB 3.0 PCIe (No boot)
Clover: 4297 4360
A good deal of DSDT editing was necessary to get this machine to boot High Sierra but finally it works flawlessly, even sleep and wake!
You NEED to have the DSDT put in place for installation because otherwise macOS doesn't recognize the SATA ports.
There are a few important BIOS settings: SATA hast to be set to AHCI and "native" and HPET has to be run "64-bit", I'd recommend to disable IDE and the serial and parallel port.
For the GT1030 nVidia Webdrivers are needed, have to boot with nv_disable=1 until you have them installed.
You have to install Clover in legacy mode because this old fella does not support UEFI.
Only downside: The so often recommended Inateck USB-card isn't recognized by BIOS, so you cannot boot from it. It works perfectly within macOS though, have the ac-Wifi connected to it.
Hello! Sorry for the way of writing in English, I'm using google translator.
I am several days trying to make my Mojave hakintosh work perfectly. However, I have reached a point where I can no longer proceed without help.
Almost all hardawares were installed and recognized (using the clover). However, still have a panic kernel (capture attached). Every time, when connecting the MAC it restarts 2 or 3 times to be able to show the dekstop and to function normal. I also think that having problem with video graphics sometimes freezes the entire display system if video appears on a web page.
I've attached a file with used files: clover, bios capture, complete hardware information, error capture(https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvhW45_HBY8zgfsySZPWZ-SZXFiMfA). Can someone help me?
Mobile DualCore Intel Core i7-3537U, 2000 MHz (20 x 100), 4 threads
Asus K46CB Series Notebook
Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge-MB
16269 MB (DDR3 SDRAM)
BIOS AMI (05/17/2013)
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 10.18.10.4358
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 22.214.171.1244
Asus Prime B360M-A or Asus Prime H310M-E :
Which of these two motherboards would give less hassle in a Hackintosh build - requiring fewer after install fixes/updates to get everything working in Mojave or High Sierra?
These are the only two Asus models that I can afford, fit the form factor in my build, and already have had a BIOS upgrade by Asus to 9th-generation - if I want to replace the CPU with an i9 in the future (for now I'll be using i7-8700 or even i3-8350k but I want to future proof a bit)
I’ve succesfull installed Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 on my Asus G73sw.
- Intel 2630QM-I7 / HM65
- Nvidia Geforce GTX460m
So what is needed to install Sierra on a Asus G73sw?
1) Install Clover with Mac OS Sierra on a bootable USB
2) Copy FakeSMC.kext , USBInjectAll.kext and VoodooPS2Controller to USB\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\ folder
3) Copy HFSPlus-64 , CsmVideoDxe-64 (needed full resolution in Clover) and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 to USB\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ folder
4) Install Mac OS Sierra
After the installation you reach the desktop.
FIRST install Clover with the following settings:
- Installation for UEFI motherboards
- Install Clover in the ESP
- Drivers64UEFI -> OsxAptioFixDrv-64
- Drivers64UEFI -> CsmVideoDxe-64
- Install RC scripts on targetvolume
- Install Clover preference panel
Copy HFSPlus-64 to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder
After that, install the following kexts with your favorite kext installer:
- FakeSMC.kext -> Always needed
- VoodooPS2Controller -> Needed to use your keyboard
- USBInjectAll -> Needed to use USB2.0 ports
- ACPIBatteryManager -> Shows batterystatus
- AsusNBFnKeys -> Needed to use FN keys
- AppleALC + Lilu -> Needed to get audio working
- RealtekRTL8111 -> Needed to get LAN working (can’t test, LAN card defect)
As last, copy the DSDT (many thanks to MaLd0n for creating the DSDT file) file to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED/
Reboot and see what is working:
- Nvidia Geforce GTX460m -> Config.plist
- Wifi -> DSDT
- Audio -> DSDT + AppleALC + Lilu
- USB2.0 -> USBInjectall
- Batterypercentage -> DSDT
- Asus FN keys -> AsusNBFnKeys
And what is not working:
- USB3.0 (Fresco Logic xHCI(USB3))
- Keyboard backlight
- Brightness FN key
As last, I’m unable to generate a SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh from Piker-Alpha. I’ve got the following error (see attached picture):
The MacBookPro10,1 SMBios has an board-ID that is not compatible with my Sandy Bridge laptop. So I tried a few things:
- Change the SMBios to MacBookPro8,2
Reboot -> Black screen
- Changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2 and add the below to KextToPatch
Prevent AGDP from loading
Reboot -> Apple bar won’t load
- Changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2 and changed productname to iMac13,2
Reboot -> Apple bar load but get a blackscreen
- Changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2 and changed productname to iMac13,2 and add the below to KextToPatch
Prevent AGDP from loading
Reboot -> laptop boots good
With the MacBookPro8,2 SMBIOS and the changed productname I’m still unable to generate an SSDT.
So, can someone help me to:
- Generate a correct SSDT
- Get USB3.0 working
- Get Keyboard backlight working
- Get Brightness FN key working
- Get Cardreader working
- Get Bluetooth working
After installation files.zip