mouse and keyboad not working

15 posts in this topic

hello guys

I have a problem with my Mountain Lion installation

I started to install the ML and everything was very fine and working well until I get to the country dialog ... i found my mouse and keyboard not working

I searched the internet for a way to fix it but everything i found not working with me

do you guys know how can i make it work?

hello guys

I have a problem with my Mountain Lion installation

I started to install the ML and everything was very fine and working well until I get to the country dialog ... i found my mouse and keyboard not working

I searched the internet for a way to fix it but everything i found not working with me

do you guys know how can i make it work?

usb or ps2 ?

Are you referring to the language selection during first install, or initial setup on first boot after installation? Does it work at all after Chameleon? And some system info would be needed please :)

Are you referring to the language selection during first install, or initial setup on first boot after installation? Does it work at all after Chameleon? And some system info would be needed please :)

yes I do

what system info ?

usb or ps2 ?

USB mouse, Dell laptop keyboard

yes I do

what system info ?

USB mouse, Dell laptop keyboard

usb mouse should always work without problems

Did you try unplug it and replug ?

Well, sounds like a Dell laptop, what model? What have you tried? USBBusFix=Yes? Built in track-pad, USB mouse and built-in keyboard not working right? Have you tried any PS/2 kext? If you could, please put your system info in your signature as p.H. and myself have for example. Makes 1000 times easier to help

Well, sounds like a Dell laptop, what model? What have you tried? USBBusFix=Yes? Built in track-pad, USB mouse and built-in keyboard not working right? Have you tried any PS/2 kext? If you could, please put your system info in your signature as p.H. and myself have for example. Makes 1000 times easier to help

well it's Inspiron 5520

i tried USBBusFix=Yes , cpus=1

track pad + USB mouse + Keyboard weren't working but after installing a ps2 kext ... I am now have my keyboard working

my specifications:

Core i5

motherboard : Dell 0xwh1p

bios : A06

graphic card: Amd radeon hd 7670m - Intel HD 4000

ram : 4.00 gb

audio : Conexant smartaudio

usb mouse should always work without problems

Did you try unplug it and replug ?

yes i did and it worked and then stopped again

and i tried changing the mouse but the same result

well it's Inspiron 5520

i tried USBBusFix=Yes , cpus=1

track pad + USB mouse + Keyboard weren't working but after installing a ps2 kext ... I am now have my keyboard working

my specifications:

Core i5

motherboard : Dell 0xwh1p

bios : A06

graphic card: Amd radeon hd 7670m - Intel HD 4000

ram : 4.00 gb

audio : Conexant smartaudio

yes i did and it worked and then stopped again

and i tried changing the mouse but the same result

it's a must to install ps2 kexts if you want to make ps2 device work normally.

did you try not using cpu=1 ?

if USB still not working, try using older version of IOUSBFamily.kext. If you need to keep EHCIhard=Yes you can add it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, I've never added it before, but would suppose it would look like this:

<key>EHCIhard</key>
<string>Yes</string>

if USB still not working, try using older version of IOUSBFamily.kext. If you need to keep EHCIhard=Yes you can add it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, I've never added it before, but would suppose it would look like this:

<key>EHCIhard</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Haven't seen this before.

• 9 months later...

I also have this issue with 10.8.4. I think the culprit is my audio. I have an ALC888 [8086:27d8] on my 775i945GZ and I initially thought I had gotten it working with ##### 5.4.1 and the AppleHDA without dsdt (HDAEnabler1.kext), but when I actually connected speakers and tried playing audio, I received silence.  I tried changing the volume, changing which jack the speakers were connected to, which output channel was selected. I tried every combination and never heard sound.  I then booted into Windows, which was installed on the same system, and audio worked fine. I again rebooted into MacOS and found that my mouse and keyboard input wasn't working. I was using both devices connected through the PS2 ports at the time; yes I had the required kexts installed; yes everything is in /S/L/E. So, I turned the PC off and tried with USB mouse and keyboard.  Same problem.  Not mouse or keyboard input.  I knew the system was running fine because the clock would updated.  After about 3-5 minutes the input unlocked and everything was normal.  I rebooted back to PS2 mouse and keyboard and after about 3-5 minutes the input unlocked and I could move the mouse and type with the keyboard.  Odd thing was, I didn't have this problem right before fixing the audio (that's usually the last thing I attempt to fix on a hackintosh). So, out of curiosity, I removed HDAEnabler1.kext and AppleHDA.kext and rebooted with UseKernelCache=No.  Sure enough, no delayed input unlocking.  I was immediately able to move the mouse and type with the keyboard.  I also noticed the the boot time with the audio kexts installed was much longer.  

SO...

I installed VoodooHDA v2.8.4 from ##### 5.4.1 as a replacement to AppleHDA. I usually hate this option because VoodooHDA has been nothing but buggy for me. I rebooted and again, found that sound seemed to be working. The sound icon in the menu bar was obviously enabled and I could change the volume level. However, the audio volume was terribly quiet.  At the loudest setting my headphones were barely to what I would consider normal listening volume. I have yet to try other methods to get audio to work, but with VoodooHDA I at least don't have the issue with my mouse and keyboard and have some sound.

Edit: Really guys, M.ultiB.east is forbidden here now?