3 posts in this topic

Me gustaría saber si es posible instalar Snow Leopard en procesadores Sandy Bridge o Ivy Bridge. No quiero las florituras de Lion o Mountain Lion, ni tampoco uso iCloud ni aplicaciones a pantalla completa... probé durante meses Lion pero volví a Snow Leopard. Por eso quiero usar el que para mi es el último OS X verdaderamente estable y rápido. La idea es comprar un procesador y placa que me sirva para montar un hack compatible con los modelos nuevos para poder instalar OS X modernos por si sacan un OS X en el futuro que realmente me convenza para dejar de usar Snow Leopard que para mi es el mejor OS X por estabilidad y rapidez.

Estoy analizando la compatibilidad de estos procesadores para ser usados con Snow Leopard:

i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) 275€

i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo Boost) 333€

Ambos son para placas LGA1155 y por lo que he leido hasta ahora parece que no merece la pena comprar el Ivy Bridge porque no se gana mucho y se calientan bastante. Parece que el paso a 22nm respecto los Sandy que son de 32nm les está trayendo problemas de temperatura.

Así que me centro en el i7-2600K si es que no me recomendáis algo mejor. La idea será acompañarlo de 16GB de RAM para empezar.

Muchas gracias.

Advertisement

Muchas gracias. Entonces está claro, si puedo instalar Snow Leopard, es más barato y no tiene los problemas de temperatura de los Ivy me quedo con el i7-2600K.

A falta de escoger una placa Gigabyte Z68 y una gráfica compatible y como soy novato en esto de los hacks mi pregunta es simple:

¿cual es la manera más fácil, compatible y estable de instalarme Snow Leopard retail en un hack con i7-2600K? He buscado y me gustaría saber si me serviría el (ENLACE PROHIBIDO) o me recomendáis alguna otra opción.

Muchas gracias

Edited by juanerson
POR FAVOR LEER LAS REGLAS DEL FORO EN ESPAÑOL. GRACIAS.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MetalBreaker
      Hi,
      I noticed some weird behavior with macOS High Sierra. This system was working just fine on Sierra 10.12.5, until I decided to update to High Sierra (10.13.3). The upgrade process went mostly fine I guess, but it got stuck in an infinite spinning wheel which would just keep overlapping. I went into verbose mode, and sure enough, I found "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" repeating over and over along with ACM errors... I'm really lost right now. I can boot in recovery mode and safe mode just fine, when the graphics drivers aren't loaded. Web drivers aren't installed. I installed NvidiaGraphicsFixup, but it didn't fix the issue. I tried deleting the native graphics drivers from macOS and installing web drivers, but it didn't help.
      SMBIOS: iMac13,1
      Graphics card: ASUS GT630-2GD3 (It's a Fermi card and it needs injection, so I modified my DSDT. Full graphics acceleration worked in Sierra. No Clover injection. I tried using Clover injection instead, I saw no difference.)
      CPU: Intel Core i3-3210, iGPU disabled in UEFI

All kexts updated to their latest versions, along with Clover.

For more info, you can refer to the GitHub issue where I posted it. https://github.com/lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup/issues/3
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thank you for your time!
      config.plist
    • By oliveiro
      I know veterans from the hackintosh community claimed that Intel HD 2500 is not supported and doesn't work, but mine (mobile version) works with High Sierra, as it did back with every versions since Mountain Lion.

I formerly started a topic here for ElCapitan : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316981-intel-hd-graphics-ivy-b-hd-2500-qeci-for-osx-1011/

This should apply to any laptop with following CPU (mobile Ivy Bridge)

Intel Pentium 2030M, Intel Pentium 2020M, Intel Celeron 1020E, Intel Celeron 1020M, Intel Pentium 2127U, Intel Celeron 1005M, Intel Pentium 2117U, Intel Celeron 1000M, Intel Celeron 1037U, Intel Celeron 1017U, Intel Celeron 1007U, Intel Celeron 1047UE, Intel Pentium 2129Y, Intel Celeron 1019Y, Intel Celeron 927UE

I guess following Desktop CPUs owners should be able to make it work (It probably requires DSDT edits to enable the proper output, on my laptop I only use and tested LVDS)

Intel Core i5-3550, Intel Core i5-3470, Intel Core i3-3220

My Laptop is an Asus (F301A-RX229H) with an Intel Pentium Mobile 2020M, which includes an Intel HD Graphics, not labelled 2500, but it has 6 execution Units like the 2500, and approximately same clock settings (650-1100) instead of 650-1150 for HD2500. You can check specs here and here. Most importantly, it is identified by bootloader and MacOsX/macOS as "Intel HD Graphics 2500" and uses HD4000 kexts.

Few Graphic Glitches (windows title bar, dock...) solved by reducing transparency in Accessibility Preferences Panel.

• By MateusPT
      Hi there.
      Soo i was trying install mac at 4 days ago and finnaly today i can. I installed the Leopard and all works fin except the keyboard and ps2 mouse. And then i try a lot to put a .kext with transmac on windows xp cause im dual booting it.When i try to use Transmac i have the error"This drive is read only".
      Who i fix this?! This is my first question!
      The second i think is more hard. I have a Amilo Pro V3505 with 2gb ram and Intel GMA 945, a Intel Pentium T2130 idk the motherboard i aleardy try find the name but i couldnt with a Atheros ar5007eg wirless adapter.
      So i instal iAtkos S3 v2 but when i was booting(after installing) it he boots and starts make the sound of the animation video of snow leopard but THE SCREEN WAS GREY WITHOUT THE APPLE LOGO AND WITHOUT THE MOUSE JUST A GREY SCREEM.
      Well i try much flags but when i try GraphicsEnabler=No while the booting appears i recuve the message "you need to restart the computer" and i restart and gives again the same error.
      I think is some missing kext graphical but i cant add/remove kexts cause transmac give error!
      Thanks in advanced!
    • By geekingoff
      Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I have a pretty old laptop that I'd like to get Snow Leopard running on. At first, I tried booting Nawcom's ModUSB with a retail DVD image, but I would always get kernel panic, no matter what I tried (I couldn't even get to the installer).

So I decided to try a distro, after trying many different things with ModUSB. I decided to use Hazard's 10.6.1-10.6.2 SSE2/SSE3 Intel/AMD distro. I was shocked when it booted to the installer with no issues! I formatted the HD as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), GPT. I then installed Snow Leopard. After a while, the installation succeeded, and I was happy. It went ahead with the restart necessary for the installation, and... kernel panic. The same kernel panic I got before when trying ModUSB. I was really disappointed. 

I've tried many things:

boot flags, such as: acpi=off arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -f -s -x (and more, including verbose mode of course)
      booting the installer again after successful installation, and then going to System/Library/Extensions on the HD in terminal, then: "chmod 755 *.*" as well as "kextcache -a i386 -m *.*"
      reinstalling with no customize options selected apart from the boot loader (first installation, things such as the legacy kernel and specific kexts were specified)
      and probably some other things that I can't remember right now

The thing is, if the installer can load with no issues, then Snow Leopard should work fine too, because they're theoretically (don't know for sure) using the same components (kernel, kexts, etc.). If I boot the installer in verbose mode, it gets right past the part where it kernel panics after installation just fine. This makes me think that something is configured differently after it is installed - something that the installer does not have - which is causing the kernel panic and preventing the boot.

Here are the specs of the laptop I'm trying to install this on:

Intel Pentium M 753 ULV @ 1.2GHz
      1GB RAM
      855GME Graphics/Chipset

I know that this probably isn't the most compatible with SL, and I know the chipset/graphics are unsupported. However, I think I will be able to get it to work eventually, I just need some input on what might be going on. Looking at the kernel panic, it points toward AppleACPIPlatform.kext, but I don't know what's exactly wrong with it that is causing the kernel panic.

Please take a look at the verbose mode image I have attached. I appreciate any and all help I receive!

• By Onestyle
      THIS IS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS
      Laptop : Sony Vaio- SVE1712W1EB

OSX version : 10.13 - High Sierra - SMBIOS - MacBookPro9,1

Motherboard : Intel HM76 Express
      DSDT FIX :

Show Fan RPM's : Updated,now working with Latest Istat Menus and HWMonitor 

CPU : i7 - 3632QM (2.2Ghz- 3.2Ghz) :

Dedicated Graphics : AMD Radeon HD 7650M 2048MB 
      Full QE/CI and Resolution: 

Fix gradient issue with AMD Graphics the fast way :

Fix Brightness issue + brightness fn keys:

Fix sleep issue  and naming issue with AMD Graphics :

Integrated Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4000 (can't be enabled in bios,no option)

Touchpad and Keyboard :

Wifi : AR9485 : 

Ethernet : Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller : Works out of the box

Sound : Realtek ALC269 -VC1 : 

Battery: Works after patching : 

Built-in Camera :

OSX version : 10.12 - Sierra - SMBIOS - MacBookPro9,1
      DSDT FIX :

Show Fan RPM's : Updated,now working with Latest Istat Menus and HWMonitor 

Integrated Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4000 (can't be enabled in bios,no option)

Touchpad and Keyboard :

Ethernet : Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller : Works out of the box

Built-in Camera :

OSX version : 10.11.6 - El Capitan - SMBIOS - MacBookPro9,1

DSDT FIX :

Show Fan RPM's : Updated,now working with Latest Istat Menus and HWMonitor 

Touchpad and Keyboard :

Ethernet : Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller : Works out of the box

Built-in Camera :

UPDATED : October 9. 2016.