blackspy619

Only Digital Out Available in Sound Preferences

2 posts in this topic

hello,

I have been experimenting with hackintosh for a while now, and just recently installed a fresh install of 10.8.0. Im running an MSI GT683r laptop with no DSDT (as I dont know how to do this) and have a working install. In all the other versions ive installed in the past, (10.5-7) I've always been able to get my audio to work using the voodoo 0.2.1 or one of the audio kexts (my pc has Realtek 892) found in the various releases of ######. However, for some reason, I cannot get my internal speakers to function. Now at one point, I could use my internal speakers on my 10.8.0 install but now, all of sudden, I see is 4 different selections of "Digital out" and a "line out" in my sound settings menu. I've tried installing and reinstalling various different voodoo releases, realtek, and as well as reinstalled the OS but with no luck. Also, when the speakers worked ###### installs of realtek kexts always failed, so i used voodoo which worked, but now the realtek ones install. I read that you had to reset the digital sensor in the headphone jack, but there is no red light coming from it and I have crammed q tips and tickled the inside quite a lot.

Also, my laptop physically has a headphone jack, a mic (no inputs can be seen currently on sound prefs), a line in, and a line out (only sound line that works)

Any suggestions? My laptop has very nice speakers and i want to use them. Thanks in advance.

(screen shot below, let me know if you want more)

Advertisement

If your previous attempts at installing voodoo or appleHDA kexts "failed" it is a failure of the software you are using to install them. Granted they may not work when installed, but you will get a kenel panic, or no function, but not "install failed". Install them your self either using the voodoo installer or kext wizard

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ITzTravelInTime
      KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD

Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver and maintain it. 

With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last official version of kx audio driver and all the small commiunity updates, i am working to keep the driver compatible with the latest mac os versions and to improove the driver over time.

Supported cards are:

- most of the Sound Blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series (except for the cards not using the 10k1 architecture)
       - sound blaster pci 512 and pci 256
       - Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 zs series
       - E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip (like the EMU8852 aka 0404m, including the pcie version)
       - Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (SB0610 only) and the Audigy 4 pro
       - Sound Blaster Audigy RX (SB0155)
       - other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k1,10k2, 10k2.5 and CA10300 based cards)

The NOT supported cards includes (but are not limited to):

- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
       - Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
       - Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
       - Any sound blaster recon3D
       - Sound blaster Audigy FX
       - Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
       - Any sound blaster AE5/AE7/AE9 series
       - Any sound card without an emu sound chip
      - Any ISA Sound card

In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:

- cracking and stability fixes

- added a more proper support for the pci express Sound Blaster audigy rx SB0155 (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip) 

- more user-frienly names for the cards in the settings and other system menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)

- added support to sample rate changing and bit resolution change (the absolte worst supported quality is 7 khz at 8 bit dept while the absolute best is 192 khz at 32 bit depth)

- inputs support

- added boot args to manage the driver (more info on those soon)

What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:

- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,

- have the gameport/midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out

If other developers would like to join and help they are free to do so, this is a free open source project afterall, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.

LINKS and downloads:
               -  github repo:                                               https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver   (kext download coming soon, since an update is coming)  

• By AbhilashSathe
      I'm currently using AppleALC inside /EFI/Clover/Kexts.
      Sound works fine through Laptop speakers. However, as soon as I connect my earphones, i start getting a continuous buzzing sound. Can anyone help me with this?

config.plist
      SSDTS_DSDT.zip

rough 
    • By LSP414
      Cannot figure out where to put custom ringtones on Catalina so I can select them in contacts. They are in the iTunes folder but are not recognized
    • By Diptamondal
      dell inspiron 5378 hackintosh wifi don't work 
    • By Slice
      Some users claim that using VoodooHDA they hear loud bump at system start and sound in system comes with noise.
      Although this can be repaired with existing drivers I propose a version that do this automatically.
      It started silently and have very clear output. The file is compiled as 32/64 and works from 10.6 up to 10.12.
      VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip
      The sources is in my signature.

There is a VoodooHDA,prefPane compatible with Sierra
      VoodooHDA.prefPane-289.zip

Now there is a version 2.9.0 by Zenith432.
      It can work with multichannel sound and play it on 5.1 analog system.

VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d8.zip
      d10 - Fix issues involving AudioControls
      VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d10.zip

Fix issue with scratch on slow CPU
      VoodooHDA.kext-291SSE.zip

More checks for memory allocation. More clear sound anyway. 
      VoodooHDA.kext-292.zip
      IOAudioFamily.kext.zip