Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Mac Install Guide

32 posts in this topic

I'm also having issues with this installation - struggling to pass go.....the machine goes into spinning beach ball of death mode at the last item in the screenshot:

what that photo say is don't find fakesmc.kext mandatory to install mac os x in a pc....

good hack

Thanks for the reply

Fakesmc.kext was present in S\L\E folder. Is there anywhere it should be instead? Like on the root, or in the extra folder of the installer usb...

EDIT: I just copied it onto root, Extra, and S/L/E and managed to get ML installed! Busy tweaking the last few kexts, but after all that pain it finally works! Thank you!!!!!

Can't believe I was getting stumped so soon - its not my first hack.

I already installed OSX ML 10.8 and updated, Can i use the Ehternet kext and audio kext to get those working? everything else seems good.

Thanks for any advice

I'm having problems tryin to reinstall osx over my old one I tried puttin in USB an bootin from Mac osx instal esd but my system restart after few min , any idea ?