9800 GT woes (nvenabler, efi string, GE/Y and disappearing .plists)

djfremen

1 post in this topic

I've done a ton of leg work but still am coming up empty every time.

From another forum a user with my same setup reported enable the 9800's full graphics potential. He can now change resolutions, view duel screens and has QE.

Here's my setup:

GA-EP45T-DS3R w/ F4c beta BIOS

Sparkle 9800 GT, 512 DDR3

Quad Xeon processor @ 2.83

Post installation (used Tseug scripted method) I add EFI strings via OSX86 tools to org.chameleon.plist and also enable GE/yes.

Then I replace (per success story) NVDANV50Hal.kext with a DP4 I downloaded.

When I reboot it says the following in system profiler and has no video resolutions outside my default in org.chameleon.plist. (See screenshot)

I have three HD's with various versions of working installs in this box (10.5.7, 10.6.8) but I keep hitting the wall here on ML with this video resolution issue.

What makes matters worse, I use this system remotely (screen share) and the graphics issue causes the entire computer to choke. Really frustrating.

post-390501-13490649120455_thumb.jpg

Lastly, I've read about people adding device Ids to their Nvidia kext files but when I check console, it says it "removed personalities from kernel" and sure enough when I view "show contents" on the specific kext, it deleted the info.plist file! Why is this happening on a fresh install?

Currently have two identically 10.8.2 installs (one of which I'm mucking up and then replace kext files again)

Anyone have any thoughts please?