Internet Problem

Spykam22

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I recently installed OSX Lion on my pc alongside Windows 7. After I freshly installed OSX Lion, I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installed some network kexts. I had to re-install lion a couple times because the system crashed because of some kexts. After my third time, I finally got it working. I had the internet and everything. At least it was working until I shut off my pc. I shut off my pc and booted into OS X only to find that my internet wasn't working. I then booted into windows 7 to see if I would have the same problem, and the internet wasn't working on there either. It connects and says "No Internet Access" or "Unidentified Network". It was working before I installed OS X. I even removed OS X and re-installed windows. I know its not my PC's network adapter thats causing the problem because I took my laptop, bridged connections (between my wireless adapter and ethernet port) and then plugged my ethernet cable into the pc while it was connected to my laptop and it worked! Did OS X maybe change anything in some weird way? Thank You!

I tried that and I still get an error ("Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.). This did not occur until I installed Mac OS X. Could it have something to do with Bittorrent? I used it to download a mac os x update because bittorrent is faster to me than using safari to download.