Wrong device id

Thunderbolt

42 posts in this topic

Ok,

Well I just blundered flashing my HD 6750 to a 5750 and what did I do I never selected 5750 or 5770 but instead I chose 6850 and I don't know how or why did I choose that device :( , so now i am stuck with a card which does work but windows or atiflash cannot detect the card.

Got to wait for the PCI card from a friend so that I could reflash the 6750 as using the onboard 4250 does not work for reflashing.

I am also on the lookout for a card which would work both in SL and Win 7. My budget targets me towards 7750 as the GT640 does fall under the same price range but the reviews aren't so good.

Anyone using a 7750 on SL please let me know if it works.

Thanks.

Hi

not need to buy a new graphics card ! :) your problem is that the bios of your graphics card is now locked and it's why you can't reflashing again !

Aha back to the soldering days :). Will try it out tonight.

But won't the pins for shoring be different on my card ? Or are they all the same ?

on my HD6770, I have 3 chips with 8-pin, I took one of above

Ok I will try it , if it gets bricked totally than I have to get my hands on a new card.

But one thing I had seen is that the first I time I flashed the bios new Device id to 5750 and it flash perfectly ,but after rebooting it was still showing me a 6700 series card in win 7, and when I load SL it tells me it a 5700 series card. I know that the 6750 are a rebranded bunch, funny.

Now my Sapphire HD 6750 is a 2 GB card and nowhere on techpower do I see any 5700 series or for that matter even a Sapphire 6750 with 2 GB.

:(

you can tell me how you did it ?

well I shorted pin 4 & 5 on a different motherboard which I have as a standby but I could still not get the card to be detected by atiflash (booted using USB / Dos) then I wanted to check if the card still gives a display , well the display had stopped :( , so I think its bricked now and need to send for replacement , don't know if they shall else I will go for 6850.

to hold the wire on pin 4 and 5, I used the adhesive tape!

I put my graphics card like that, I started my pc and I booted on my USB key (bootable) where I had putting my original bios.

always on the pc started, I just removed the adhesive tape and the wire and then I just reflashed my graphics card and I restarted my computer normally and it was ok!

:)

to hold the wire on pin 4 and 5, I used the adhesive tape!

I put my graphics card like that, I started my pc and I booted on my USB key (bootable) where I had putting my original bios.

always on the pc started, I just removed the adhesive tape and the wire and then I just reflashed my graphics card and I restarted my computer normally and it was ok!

:)

Well that's what I did too, but I guess that chip was not an Eeprom . Maybe I shall try it again on the other three one by one, but I doubt it shall work as the display is not givin any output.

you shouldn't boot on your HD 6770, but on your Integrated graphics card (VGA or DVI) with your HD 6770 in ! You understand what i mean ?

config your motherboard BIOS to boot on you VGA card, do the trick, put your HD 6770 in your motherboard, boot your PC on your VGA card, choice to boot on your USB key, tape the command : atiflash -i to see if your HD 6770 is detected (if the trick was done well, then you do see your graphics card info).

if it's detected well, just remove the adhesive tape and the wile and then reflash your graphics card with the commande atiflash -p 0 yourbios.rom or atiflash -p -f 0 yourbios.rom to forcing the flashing !