cvad

Bootdisk Utility

223 posts in this topic

Can't repeat your error - everything works fine.

attachicon.gifBDU18b.png

Sorry I forgot to update that I had it working, it seemed there was a sourceforge server error during that day. :)

Advertisement

This saved my life today. After having destroyed my OS X partition as well as USB stick I have found this magical app for Windows.

Thank you, cvad.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.  I created the USB drive and have two partitions, one is 200meg and the other is 6.8gig.  I extracted the HFS.2 and used the restore option to copy to the 2nd partition.  I changed the INI for the new Recovery pkg location for El Capitan.  When I go to boot the flash drive it comes up to a Clover menu but there is no option to boot from the 2nd partition.  I only have an option to boot Clover on Clover.  I verified using Windows Disk Manager that the flash drive has two partitions.  In BDU the 2nd partition shows 6.8gb HFS/HFS+ <NONAME>

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.  I created the USB drive and have two partitions, one is 200meg and the other is 6.8gig.  I extracted the HFS.2 and used the restore option to copy to the 2nd partition.  I changed the INI for the new Recovery pkg location for El Capitan.  When I go to boot the flash drive it comes up to a Clover menu but there is no option to boot from the 2nd partition.  I only have an option to boot Clover on Clover.  I verified using Windows Disk Manager that the flash drive has two partitions.  In BDU the 2nd partition shows 6.8gb HFS/HFS+ <NONAME>

Hi,
There are ready (original) images with the three current versions of OS X for BDU. Repeatedly tested Hackintosh community.

Applelife.ru - #1136

* The boot partition (5.hfs) with installer OS X [MAS] - for BootDiskUtility.

Hello i used BDU_v2.1.2015.018b and found an error.

It finished download latest clover and then it idle then pop up say "300 error connection time out"

I've configure to save the clover iso on same folder with bdu, but after download finish there's nothing, i can't found it!

I've tried two times but it's still same, "300 error" after finishing download.....

and how to select for local repo for clover? It's not clickable. Bc i try to download the iso.tar from sourceforge but cant use it!

the last, why you not provide the old version? I've searched everywhere and can't found it. I'd be better if you want provide 'built-in' clover for me bc I always got error and frustated!

thank you

Now for download the latest EL_CAPITAN RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg we need to change download link in BootDiskUtility.ini:

EL_CAPITAN = http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/36/44/031-25510/h2r7jjnujzigr90x6bhkivicvtyeid6lz0/RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg
to
EL_CAPITAN = http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/26/53/031-44337/l0ij3p1okn9iu489bw10kkovnqfm40q8bc/RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg

Enjoy

I changed that, still 404! (I quit, changed the link then restarted the app many time and still no luck)

Screenshot%20%2821%29.png?dl=1

This one may work:

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/21/09/031-20634/8d84o1ky5gn2agnf5kiz9eed134n7y3q4c/RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg

Edit:

Doesn't work either, at least I receive a 404 from BDutility, but I am able to download it directly from the browser.

A workaround is to download an 'official' El Capitan .pkg, let bdutily convert this to .hfs and restore the second partition with this .hfs image.

I changed that, still 404! (I quit, changed the link then restarted the app many time and still no luck)

Checked it now - everything works.

post-82549-0-74748400-1449534556_thumb.png

make sure the program is in a folder (for more tidiness), open it, exit it, TADA! a wild ini file appears!

Thats was talking about it.

Thanks!

There's something I don't quite understand, with that recovery file (400MB only) you can install OS X? Where does the rest of the files come from?

I'm downloading an untouched Install OS X El Capitan.app, can I use that with this tool to make an installer with clover?

Hi, Allavaz.

You need extracted and prepared HFS-partition binary image file with MAC OS X distr for restore it to secondary disk partition. For example, read this post.

Dear friends, happy New Year and merry Christmas.

BootDiskUtility.exe v2.1.2016
rev.019b:

• Reincarnation works with Windows XP :),
  • A massive improvement of network functions,
  • Update the latest HDRecovery links from the Apple sucatalog.
    You can edit in BootDiskUtility.ini: the URL to download the latest Apple sucatalog: regular|Developer|beta | Developer - default

Enjoy

Thanks for App CVAD....it works as advertised...made my life easier thats for sure.  However, I have run into a couple of issues:

1.  How do you circumnavigate the internet connection for the HD recovery. Or am I missing something? I get to the installation and it wont allow anything to install as it checks with Apple for a valid machine ID.

2. When I choose an ESD.DMG file for manual install it tells me its not valid and when I use you method of manual 7z (actually 7za is the latest) that program tells me the dmg files are not recognized as valid not matter which ones I choose...invalid format error.

As of now I just use you tool to format the USB, but not putting anything on the second partition.  I then go to my VBox and manually copy the distro from there. 

Again....Kudos to you my friend...I may just be lost looking for guidance.

Peace

Guido in Hawaii

and it wont allow anything to install as it checks with Apple for a valid machine ID.

Modify Motherboard Serial (MLB) in the SMBIOS Options, the default serial included with Clover is the same for all users and not valid

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS#smbios_boardserialnumber

Don't mix it with system serial number. Clover will use one specific value here, which needs to be replaced by your own serial number. It is required for working iCloud and iMessage services (initialize MLB RtVariable if missing). The length must be 17 digits, consisting of letters from the Latin alphabet and numbers. The serial number used by Clover is most probably banned already.

Thanks for App CVAD....it works as advertised...made my life easier thats for sure.  However, I have run into a couple of issues:

1.  How do you circumnavigate the internet connection for the HD recovery. Or am I missing something? I get to the installation and it wont allow anything to install as it checks with Apple for a valid machine ID.

2. When I choose an ESD.DMG file for manual install it tells me its not valid and when I use you method of manual 7z (actually 7za is the latest) that program tells me the dmg files are not recognized as valid not matter which ones I choose...invalid format error.

As of now I just use you tool to format the USB, but not putting anything on the second partition.  I then go to my VBox and manually copy the distro from there. 

Again....Kudos to you my friend...I may just be lost looking for guidance.

Peace

Guido in Hawaii

I know i'm somewhat late but you issue is that 7zip (the library used by BDU) can not process this InstallESD. Apple decided to use another format for compression than the previous InstallESD, if you want to use it with BDU you first need to expand it and then manually (using 7zip) extract the .hfs(x) file. Then you can restore the .hfs(x) file using BDU.

I did it this with Transmac, shareware program but has a free trial. HFSExplorer, however, is freeware and should be able to do it. If not, try virtualbox with a linux set up, there are usually more compression tools on linux than there are on windows.

i extracted the hfs, but I can't see the file in windows.  When i try to extract it again, i get asked to overwrite the file.  I'm baffled.

Edit: Figured it out.  Looks like bdutility doesn't like spaces.  I was trying to save to 'C:\Apple OS'  .  The file was in 'C:\Apple'.

i extracted the hfs, but I can't see the file in windows.  When i try to extract it again, i get asked to overwrite the file.  I'm baffled.

Edit: Figured it out.  Looks like bdutility doesn't like spaces.  I was trying to save to 'C:\Apple OS'  .  The file was in 'C:\Apple'.

Thanks for the bug report, unfortunately, in the 7z command line used for unpacking the dmg archive were lost quotes. This will be fixed in the next BDU version.

... 7zip (the library used by BDU) can not process this InstallESD ...

7z can handle all compression formats used by Apple, but the last dmg distro uses a slightly more complex structure and decompression is not yet implemented in the BDU.

BootDiskUtility.exe v2.1.2016
rev.020b:

• Now You can Download Usefull files from User Download List
    and BDU Additional Download List,
  • additional verification that the file has completely downloaded,
  • auto copy \EFI\CLOVER\drivers-Off\drivers64UEFI\OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in \EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ ,
  • open Clover Update Log link from window "Configuration".

Enjoy

OP i tried this software, when i try to download clover it shows error timeout 300 sec. I is also unable to read the file from local, gives error Can't read Local Re..... Can ya help?

OP i tried this software, when i try to download clover it shows error timeout 300 sec. I is also unable to read the file from local, gives error Can't read Local Re..... Can ya help?

May be you have problems connecting to SF, try to download the latest BDU-ready clover distr package CloverISO-3378.zip from the list of <Additional Packages>.