cvad

Bootdisk Utility

223 posts in this topic

I'm unsure of what to do next with BDU. I checked the multi partition in options to format my USB to 1 64mb FAT 32 partition and the other into a larger FAT 16 partition. I have an install.dmg, I'm unsure of how to extract an hfs file from that. When I select the extract hfs partition from dmg file in the tools menu and select my .dmg file and a place to save it, nothing happens. 

I am also unsure how to make the second partition HFS insead of FAT through BDU. This second partition is invisible to everything but BDU. 

Advertisement

dbraun31,

Read the previous posts please - link.

I have read the previous posts - let me rephrase my problem.

The first thing I do in BDU is configure the format options to install clover on a 64 mb partition of a USB drive. This creates a FAT32 64 mb partition that I can boot from and the clover GUI loads successfully.

However, the second partition becomes FAT16 which is invisible to explorer. Therefore, when I select Tools - Extract HFS+ partition from DMG image, after selecting my .dmg, I am unable to select the second, FAT16, partition on my USB drive. The menu just shows the 64 mb clover install.

I've tried formatting a separate USB to HFS+ with my .dmg image through Transmac. This leaves me with two separate USB drives (One for clover, one with the DMG image). I boot off the clover USB into the clover GUI, but clover does not show the USB with the OSX image as a boot option. - I know for this problem I will probably be referred to the Clover General Discussion where I have to pour through massive amounts of literature on the complex mechanics of the bootloader to find the answer to this seemingly simple problem.

In reference to the previous post, I'm assuming that refers to a command for command prompt? 

(run) 7z.exe (comand) -tXar -r (archive directory) InstallESD.dmg (output file name) InstallESD.dmg

When I do this it tells me it cannot open my .dmg as an archive. But when opening 7z.exe application and doing it through the GUI I can open it no problem.

All I'm hoping for is that you, in your infinite wisdom as a coder, can help me, an average user trying to install osx on his pc, or at least point me in the right direction.

Can I get help?

I worked fine for me, my pen is prepared now, but when i start this mac os x set up...my system broke up @ "unable to open bootchache playlist.... No such file" What can I do?

Thanks cVaD - after a few hours of trying, everything fell in the places.  Next step is to configure Clover to run with my new motherboard, which seems like the much bigger task.

This is what worked for me:

1. Download, unzip and run BootDiskUtility

2. Insert 8GB or larger USB drive

3. Click on Format Disk, you'll get a warning that all info will be destroyed, which is of course expected when formatting a drive

4. My guess is that this would be a good time to tweak the Clover config and maybe use the Tools->Clover FixDsdtMask Calculator (?)

5. Next run Tools->Extract HSF(HFS+) Partition from DMG-file.  This will convert your DMG file to HFS

6. Select Part2 and click on Restore Partition, then select the HFS file created above. This will transfer it to the second partition on your USB drive. This takes time...

7. Eject the drive and you're ready to run it on your hackintosh.  :thumbsup_anim:

hello

Why bootloader is in english and when I select the OSX language is (maybe) russian because I dont undertand anything.

thanks

theDoor

hello

Why bootloader is in english and when I select the OSX language is (maybe) russian because I dont undertand anything.

thanks

theDoor

Screenshot? Boot.log?

BootDiskUtility.exe
v2.0.2014

rev.183b:
Latest Clover v2k r2652 & Chameleon r2377

BootDiskUtility.exe
v2.0.2014

rev.184b:
Latest Clover v2k r2774

• Removed Chameleon bootloader
  • Updated Fix Dsdt Mask Calculator
  • Updated internal Clover Bootloader rev.2774

Enjoy

Thanks for the utility, very helpful. I have a question. Can i extract the HFS partition from ISO file? I got an OS X iso and i'm wordering if i can extract the OS X installer from it.