crazyJAT

10.8.1 Wake From Sleep Causes System to Hang

8 posts in this topic

I have an ECS 945GCT-M3 Rev. 3.1 successfully up and running with 10.8.1. Everything works great except for wake from sleep. When waking my machine from sleep I get one of the following three issues:

1. System wakes to desktop, but the system is almost completely frozen up. The mouse moves small amounts every second or so, then the system eventually becomes completely unresponsive and goes to a black text prompt.
  2. System wakes to a white screen. No mouse cursor, system is not responsive and eventually goes to a black text prompt.
  3. System wakes but monitor does not and system is not responsive.

In the case of both 1 and 2 the text prompt displays:

Kext loading now disabled.
Kext unloading now disabled.
Kext autounloading now disabled.
Kernel requests now disabled.

Then, eventually, the system reboots.

DSDT:

Specs:

ECS 945GCT-M3 Rev. 3.1

Nvidia 8400GS 512MB

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700

What's Working:

♦ Audio - VoodooHDA

♦ QE/CI - Native (add device id to NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext and DSDT Nvidia desktop hack)

♦ Native SpeedStep (I think, I have no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed)

♦ Network - Added AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext to IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

If anyone is able to help me get my system to properly wake from sleep, I would really appreciate it. I'll try to post some images of my bios settings in a few...

Advertisement

Sorry to bump this thread so soon, but I'm trying to get this build to my grandfather sometime this weekend (Windows is too difficult for him to use).

Sleep seems to always work just fine, but wake is very inconsistent. I have read similar reports from people about having an unresponsive desktop on wake, but there doesn't seem to be a consistent root cause in those cases. If anyone has experienced the freezing desktop on wake and has found a fix, please let me know what it was. I'm assuming something in my dsdt is just no quite right.

FYI, my original dsdt extraction did not contain a reference to an HPET on my system so I manually added that entry. This enabled me to remove nullcpupowermanagement.kext and have native speedstep (I think) but there could easily be an error in the HPET code I added.

I also found users complaining about the freeze in association with an IRQ conflict with their SATA device. The problem in my case is that the 945GCT-M3 does not have a bios option to enable AHCI and only runs in IDE mode. So, the solution that has been posted to this problem is not something that will work for me.

Again, I appreciate any help.

[solved]

So, I randomly found a post (and of course didn't bookmark it, so I lost it again) that talked about a mouse stutter and system freeze caused by a cpu tsc sync error. I installed VoodooTSCSync.kext in /S/L/E and Voila! My system will wake properly every time now. Still have to fix EHCI. Does not properly wake. Will post updated dsdt when I can.

Crazycat:

What install did you use for ML?

I have the same mobo and wanted

with SL and wanted to reformat to new osX.

Thanks for the info.

Thank you for posting a follow-up on this, this problem has been bugging me since I upgraded my Sandy Bridge system from 10.7.2 to 10.7.5. VoodooTSCSync did the trick!

Crazycat:

What install did you use for ML?

I have the same mobo and wanted

with SL and wanted to reformat to new osX.

Thanks for the info.

I always use retail from App Store installed to a USB drive using myHack. It is pretty straight forward from there.  If you have trouble booting, try with -v to see what the error is.  I usually boot from the USB installer drive using the boot options -v UseKernelCache=No  If you have an nvidia video card and get stuck at [PCI Configuration begin] try appending npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000.  Whatever works.

Hey I wanted to ask if you had Lion running on this board and what kind of sleep behavior were you getting. I have Lion 10.7.5 running on ECS 945GCT-M v3 board and I can get it to sleep but when you wake it only CPU wakes video doesn't come back on. I installed the VoodooTSCSync.kext but it made no difference. Any other tips you could pass on would be appreciated. Other details on my system are Myhack install method, E8400 cpu with Nvidia 7300gt video, patch DSDT with maldon auto patcher for this board. Using Graphics enabler= Yes and npci=0x2000. Sleep is just one of this details that just bugs you until you can get it sorted so I'm on a mission to get it figured.

Up Up!
My system hangs during sleep for the second time in a very long time sleep, approximately 6-7 hours.

ECS H61H2-M12. Thanks