RME Babyface issues in 10.6 (Snow Leopard), need help

BirchMusic

1 post in this topic

I've been running my hackintosh for close to a year now with little issues. Generally, I love this thing. Unfortunately, I recently had a problem arise suddenly that I have not been able to fix and need some help.

While running my hackintosh I unplugged my RME Babyface audio interface so that I could get audio from my laptop for a moment. When I plugged the device back in, the computer was unable to detect it. The babyface still works with my MacBook, but I am unable to get audio out of the hack. When it's plugged in, the babyface lights up like it's getting power from the USB bus, but the system profiler does not show it. Other USB devices work (mouse, hard drive, keyboard, iLok, droid) and the USB busses are listed as internal on the system profiler.

Since this issue has come up, I have reformatted my drive and reinstalled 10.6.8. I have updated the firmware on the babyface and re-installed the RME USB drivers for the device.

I'm currently running a hack on a GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard with an Intel i7-950, Crucial Ballistix sport 12GB (3X4GB) RAM, and a Sparkle GeForce graphics card. This system has been working for close to a year, but I can't figure out how to get it back online since it's gotten messed up. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.