Turbo Boost - Ivy Bridge (3610QM) - 10.8.2

legolas93

8 posts in this topic

Hi all! I've searched a lot but i cannot find anything useful. I wish to enable Turbo Boost of my CPU in my Hackintosh running 10.8.2.

If i remove NullCpu....Kext System panic during boot (AppleIntelCpu...Kext).

Can someone guide me? Do you need something like DSDT or SSDT? How do you usually dump them? (Tried different method with different result..)

Thanks in advance for the help :wink2:

Hi,

Mountain Lion natively support Power Management on Ivy-Bridge CPU.

NullCpuPM.kext should not be needed, are you sure that KP come from AICPM.kext ?

For Turbo-Boost, you have to enable it from bios settings.

You'll most likely have to patch your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext. Only a few mobos can run fully vanilla power management without patching. Boot with NullCPUPowerManagement, then run the following commands in Terminal:

sudo perl -pi -e ‘s|\xE2\x00\x00\x00\x0F\x30|\xE2\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90|g’ /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Credits go to Conti for this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Im interested in getting Turbo working

I have:

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS

2 x Xeon E5-2687W

Running 10.8.2

How can I find out if my Mobo will work without using a patch?

So I would remove Sleep Enabler Kext

And follow TheRacerMaster's post?

Cheers,

Jamie

• 3 months later...

Thanks worked for me nicely. Just a note of warning check that SleepEnabler.kext is also removed once Null kext is removed.

Hey, i have the 3630qm i7 and i tried both clover patching for AICPM and a patched one and i get a maximum of 4 states (x12,x23,x24,x32) with a iMac 12,1 smbios (only 2 states with ivy bridge device smbios like iMac 13,1 or Macbook Pro 10,1). When you say it is working, how many states do you get and what smbios are you using ?

Thanks.

I'd also like to know progress on this, can't seem to get my turbo working past x32 anymore, used to hit x44 and many states in between back in 10.7.4.

10.7.5,10.8.0,10.8.1,10.8.2 have been giving me serious TurboBoost issues, that the AppleIntellCPUPM patch doesn't seem to solve anymore

Hey, i have the 3630qm i7 and i tried both clover patching for AICPM and a patched one and i get a maximum of 4 states (x12,x23,x24,x32) with a iMac 12,1 smbios (only 2 states with ivy bridge device smbios like iMac 13,1 or Macbook Pro 10,1). When you say it is working, how many states do you get and what smbios are you using ?

Thanks.

just checked again and getting 7 !

23/1/13 10:20:46.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 12 14 17 20 22 23 31

USing MacBookPro8,1