KP after update to 10.8.2

veda95110

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

i have an hp laptop,with core i3, everything was working perfectly on 10.8.1, but after the last update, at the reboot i have a kp screen.

It say something about cpu o caller...can't perform kext scan...

I tried to start with -v, -x, -s....usekernelcache=no, cpus=1...lot of try...

I also try to put back some kext of 10.8.1, appleacpi, apple smc...

Of course repair permission lot of time, put back kernel of 10.8.1...

Put back nullcpupowermanagement, try to delete my dsdt, put it back, same thing with ssdt and smbios...

Always the same KP screen, never change.

So now i install again mountain lion but hope to find a solution to make again this update without problem.

If you've got an idea that would be nice!

Thank you and sorry for my french's english!

This may or may not help, but with all the machines I updated to 10.8.2, only one had a kp.

After some research it seems I had the fakeSMC plugins installed. The one causing the kp

was the one called oem.....

Delete it from S/L/E...plugins and do all the required stuff,permissions,cache

Not really sure what most give you. I was looking for temp.

This may or may not help, but with all the machines I updated to 10.8.2, only one had a kp.

After some research it seems I had the fakeSMC plugins installed. The one causing the kp

was the one called oem.....

Delete it from S/L/E...plugins and do all the required stuff,permissions,cache

Not really sure what most give you. I was looking for temp.

Thanks for your answer, i try this but i didn't have this file in my fakesmc...but i try remove fakesmc,just to see if the kp screen change, and nothing change.

I'm sorry to can't put the panic screen here, but i'm back to 10,8,1 because i need this laptop to work so i can't make a picture of it now...

Yesterday i found someone else who had the same problem but,that was on 10,7,3 to 10,7,4...And the solution was to change one thing in the bios, a cpu setting, but on my laptop the bios doesn't give me access of the cpu settings...

if you get KP from process kextd, reboot with -f .Not sure how someone else has same problem, if your not sure what the problem was and are on a different version of OSX. If you run the update again, try to avoid running it from the app store, as it logs you out then completes the install prior to a reboot. Instead backup extensions folder and either DL the combo update, or let mac appstore DL it, but don't click install and instead navigate to the updates folder and run the update manually (it's in the folder that just grew by about a gig and double click to install manually). Let it install that way and do not click restart when it's done, this will give you a chance to go to your extensions folder and see what's been changed and what you may need to replace, which you can do prior to restarting.

-f reference was for after swapping any kexts from the command line or kextd panic, although doesn't hurt to use it other times as well.You may need a AppleACPIPlatformFamily.kext rollback after updating.

• Like 1

Ok, so i find wich kext caus ekp, that was iopcifamilly,so i rollback with the one from 10.8.1.

Now the start process hang up after waiting dsmos, ntfs drivers version 3.1

After googled it i delete almost all the graphics kext,ati, nvidia and intel, one by one, but no results! Also, in the boot screen it say, mount disk0s2...No Write.

I think the disk is in read only mode now...and the repair process by the install disk say me the volume is damaged..

I try a lot of things, so i think i will give it up and return and stay to 10.8.1

Thanks for your help!

no, it's reffering to your Windows NTFS volume which OSX only natively supports as read only, nothing to do with your OSX install. Make sure FakeSMC is still present and is loading during boot.