Chimera and HD 6750

Thunderbolt

12 posts in this topic

Hi ,

I am using SL 10.6.8 on my AMD 960T , as a standby I was using a HD 5450 till I recieved my replacment card that is the HD 6750 2 GB. So today morning I went ahead and recompiled Chimera by adding the HD 6750 in ati.c . The compile went clean and so I copied the boot file to the root and made changes in ati6000 and ati5000 with ID's 0x68BF1002 (My hd 6750 Device ID).

Rebooted the system (gives an to change the boot list as it is deprecated) with GE=no and got a res only of 1024x768 so rebooted again with GE=Yes the card got detected as a correct model with the FB as Vervet and got full res of 1600x900 but no QE so cannot play any videos. But now I am getting stuck at "client is not permitted to open IOHID" , I reboot in safe mode and compiled Kabyls and put Kabyls boot file to root but this thing hangs at "refusing to load IOPCIFamily" and does not go further the keyboard is and system is not hanging.

Any idea guys ?

Hi

i have hd 6770 and like yours hd 6750, there's no support for SL or Lion ! The only support (for now?) is on ML, you can read this thread :

Well I am running ML on my lappy , is it possible to use kexts from ML in SL ? Than why does Chimera 1.5.4 show my hd 6750 as supported ?

is it possible to use kexts from ML in SL ?

no, you can't use the kexts from ML in SL ! :)

Than why does Chimera 1.5.4 show my hd 6750 as supported ?

it's just cosmetic because there's no QE/CI enabled !

on ML, with PCEFI 10.6 Lion + Snow, my HD 6770 is recognized as ATI Radeon HD 5000 series and with chameleon, it's recognized as ATI Radeon HD 6770 series !

And into the both cases, i have QE/CI ! :)

Why add same ID to both ati6000 and ati5000? I can't see that going over too well.

haven't more understandable explanation about that, but if i didn't put the same ID into the both kexts, no QE/CI enabled !

hd 6770 is the same card like hd 5770, only ID changes, 0x68BA1002 for the HD 6770 and 0x68B81002 for the HD 5770 ! So, if i just flash my HD 6770 into HD 5770, it's recognized OOB under SL, Lion and ML ! And without GraphicsEnabler !

But if i would make my HD 6770 working fine under OS X (only under ML for now), i need to do this trick ! I know, it's crazy but it's very simple too and it's good ! :D

hello

no explanation at all, 2 controller load for same card.. but is hack so.. it works ????

do it

only explanation i have is ati change to amd and that is not good is a mess, several problems with graphic cards, never have problems ..

in time i hope gonna be resolved by the company

good hack

• Like 1