Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gigabyte U2442N

9 posts in this topic

Gigabyte U2442N Ultrabook

Specs are:

Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (Ivy Bridge)

Intel HM77

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (0x8086 (0x1458))

Realtek ALC269

nVidia GeForce 640M

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

BIOS: U2442.F0A

Working: LAN (Realtek) using Lnx2Mac RTL

Not working: Intel and Nvidia, Touchpad

So far I have created a USB install using ###### and Mountain Lion (10.8.0)

I have installed to an external USB drive and then updated to 10.8.1

I have used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to make the HDD bootable and also created a DSDT.aml

The issue I have is that if I boot normally, the boot hangs on "nVidia GeForce GT 640M 0MB NVe7 [10de:0fd2] :: PciRoot (0x1)/PC1(0x1,0x0)/PC1(0x0x0x0)"

There is no option to disable the nvidia GPU in the BIOS.

Has anyone gotten any idea how to disable it using DSDT.aml? Or could I enable it somehow to get it to work? I would prefer that.

If I boot with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No I can boot into X.

If I boot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No it then hangs on "NTFS volume name...". I tried deleting the nvidia KEXT but now it wont boot any further anyway.

I haven't tried deleting the Intel ones, presumably I need those.

Thing is, NullCPU is installed! I just tried removing the NV* Kext's and it boots without safe mode.

I don't have HD4000 working. I still get the message about AppleCPUIntel timing out.

I'm guessing I need to inject ig-platform-id but I can't find the specific thread about it.

I am in the same place as you are with u2442n. I am trying to get it out of safe mode. It boots in safe mode and everything seems to work except touchpad and wifi.

I got an external wifi adapter and have wifi working.

I am wondering if a dsdt can help with booting in regular mode.

Can you provide yours?

I am using Clover bootloader in UEFI mode.

Hey, guys! Any news on this topic? I'm really interested in buying a U2442 and would love to know if you can at least get the built-in display up and running...

Have a great day!