Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

MBP 2010 dual boot raid 0 OS X 10.7.4 and Windows 7/8?

2 posts in this topic

I've been looking into getting two 120GB Samsung 830 SSDs to run in raid 0. I have a Mid 2010 MBP 15" 2.66 i7. Now the OSX raid 0 is the easier part but I've read on macrumors that you cannot boot Windows from a raid that contains a SATA HDD set to ODD instead of slave or master in the EFI. Is this true? I've searched around but all I seem to be getting is Hackintosh discussion results and If it is true can the settings be changed?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dukzcry
      This is kext for LSI MegaRAID SAS family of controllers
      Topic: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285197-driver-for-lsi-megaraid-sas-family/
    • By dukzcry
      Here's my driver for LSI MegaRAID SAS family of controllers called SASMegaRAID.kext. This one was requested few times at InsanelyMac and other Mac-related communities.
      Download link https://github.com/dukzcry/osx-goodies/releases or https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/306-sasmegaraidkext/
      Q: I can't manage controller via supplied utility
      A: Only monitoring functional is supported, management is done via controller BIOS
      Q: Any chance to make cards based on SAS2208 chip work?
      A: Not currently, the chip belongs to the same family, but it requires a lot of handling different from common handling for supported cards.
      Q: The driver loads but my device doesn't show up anywhere in profiler. What should I do?
      A: Try inverting "PreferMSI" key value. It's under "Settings" dictionary in kext's plist. 
      Q: macOS doesn't see my volumes
      A: Set them as virtual (logical) disks in controller's BIOS. If no luck try "Uncontiguous enumeration.zip" by download link at the begin. See full issue report.
      Q: Is it possible to push more from my setup?
      A: It may be.
      The plist from "Unsafe settings unlocked.zip" allows tweaking of dangerous options. Before playing with them you need to detach all HDDs with critical data and attach some spare HDD for doing the tweaks. The "MaxSGL" option is number of scatter gather list entries you controller can handle. The "MaxTransferSize" determines the maximum size of data transfer (in bytes) per request your controller can catch. If you set them to some enormously big value then they will be truncated to the max values your hardware can achieve (may still be not safe enough for successful data transfers). "MaxTransferSizePerSegment" does the same but for a single SGL entry (will never be larger than MaxTransferSize). For the tests you need to stick to the system.log and start a transfer of a >= 100gb data. If the settings you set are inappropriate, you'll see the I/O errors.
      Q: My Mac stopped to go sleep after i've loaded your kext.
      A: This is awaited. See this post for reasoning. If you meet mentioned requirement, download "Unsafe sleep enabled.zip" and try.
      Q: Your driver doesn't work for me. Are there any alternatives?
      A: Yes there is one http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285197-driver-for-lsi-megaraid-sas-family/?do=findComment&comment=2539772
    • By Dallastyle
      Hello Insanelymac,
      I've successfully installed Mac OS X Sierra on 2 32gb flash drives with them as a JBOD Raid. I can only get into the hackintosh if I use another USB flash drive with Clover installed on it. I've tried using a clover installer however that just installs on my Raid Disk. I've also noticed that when I open clover configurator, there are 2 EFI partitions but both of them were empty. I've tried moving the contents of the EFI on my Raid disk that clover installed but my BIOS does not detect it. Also when I use the other flash drive to boot into clover, there is another volume called "BOOT OS X" right next to my Raid Disk Volume that I use to boot from. I just want to install and boot off of my Raid usb flash drives. Really running out of options, Thanks guys.
    • By Jarek Januszewski

This project is actually two years old, but despite the aging SATA standard, still current as an idea.
      And of course - conforming hackintosh different thinking.
      I invite you to my shop for a short film of the "Do it yourself" series.
    • By Chewiee
      I've built a hackintosh running Mountain Lion Server and installed a HighPoint RAID 640L card in it.
      I've also added 4 x 4TB ST4000DM000 hard drives.
      All had been running fine for about a year, but now I've got RAID errors happening:
      B       0       W       08/12/15 08:56:25       Array 'RAID_5_0' rebuilding failed. B       0       I       08/12/15 10:54:45       Array 'RAID_5_0' rebuilding started. B       0       E       08/12/15 18:50:05       Disk 'ST4000DM000-1F2168-Z301RJK9' at Controller1-Channel3 failed. B       0       W       08/12/15 18:50:05       Array 'RAID_5_0' rebuilding failed. B       0       E       08/28/15 16:06:43       Device 'ST4000DM000-1F2168-Z302EG2Y' at Controller1-Channel1 SMART test result: FAILED! B       0       E       08/28/15 16:06:43       Device 'ST4000DM000-1F2168-Z301RJ27' at Controller1-Channel2 SMART test result: FAILED! B       0       E       08/28/15 16:06:43       Device 'ST4000DM000-1F2168-Z301RJK9' at Controller1-Channel3 SMART test result: FAILED! B       0       E       08/28/15 16:06:43       Device 'ST4000DM000-1F2168-Z302EFL6' at Controller1-Channel4 SMART test result: FAILED!  
      More: http://pastebin.com/cGkp9Vg8
      Obviously there is a lot of data on the drives and ideally I should just pull that stuff off now, but what I am concerned about is if this is just a false positive, because I've scanned the drives for SMART errors on another machine and it's not found anything wrong. Could this be a false warning?
      At this point I'd appreciate some advice - in the mean time I'll be pulling data off of it like there's no tomorrow