Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

Optiplex 755 MT Chameleon Install Error

1 post in this topic

I am attempting to transition from Chimera to Chameleon because I want to have access to the Mac App Store and also edit my system more easily via Champlist or Chameleon Wizard. Both tools I've looked at won't recognize the Chimera branch of Chameleon and so most of the features I'm looking for are disabled, I realize a lot of this can be done manually but I would prefer the tools.

Basically I created a brand new OSX Lion 10.7.4 USB install drive using the following tutorial as a guide...

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=256729

...everything seemed to be going smoothly in setting up the USB drive until I attempted to install OSX Lion from it and got the dreaded "Still waiting for root device" error. As I have said I have OSX currently running on this machine via a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install so my BIOS settings should be correct. I have AHCI selected under SATA and I have tried booting with both S.M.A.R.T. On and Off with the same result. I have attached screen grab of the error (see attached).

My System is as follows:

• Optiplex 755 MT

• Q6700 - 2.66GHz Core 2 Quad

• 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR2 RAM

• EVGA Geforce 8800GT 512GB

• 250GB Samsung SATA HardDrive - Stock

Any ideas? Is the latest version of Chameleon (Chameleon v2.1svn r1547) not compatible with OSX 10.7.4??? Do I need to find RC5 as mentioned in the tutorial?

post-1075363-0-60624000-1347388362_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DEL_T
      Hi guys, I tried to install a Hackintosh with High Sierra on my Laptop ACER Aspire V3 772G747a8G75M (Intel Core i7-4702MQ, Board VA73, bios Hyn, 1 SDD with Windows10, 1 HDD for data, onboard HD4600+nvidia 760M ==> attached file with full description).
      I followed several tutorials (https://www.aioboot.com/en/clover-boot-disk/, yours about 772G installation).
      All was good : creation of the USB Stick, downloading HighSierra image on my partition (partition HFS+ created HDD SATA in the second disk).
      No pb encounted during these steps : USB OK, recognized partition, 2 hours download but ok.
      But I'm struck during the final HighSierra setup in the partition : the boot on clover is ok, the OSX progress bar started and stops with a sign of prohibited direction.
      With verbose mode, i can see "still waiting for root device" (difficult to read because pixelized).
      Many search on forums related a USB issue but I don't understand since previous steps were ok (USB install, partition recognition and downloading).
      After many and many search and tries, no way, no boot 8-(
      I tried :
          - all the arguments (cpus=1 npci=x2000 -v -x -f UseKernelCache=No dart=0 nv_disable=1 USBBusFix=Yes busratio=25 PCIRootUID=0) and variation (PCIRootUID=1 and 2, npci=x3000)
          - starting with options, with kext, without kext
          - change usb2 location
          - add kext (I have these ones for the moment in the Other directory : ACPIBatteryManager.kext, AppleALC.kext, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext, BCM5722D.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, Shiki.kext, USB_Injector.kext, USBInjectAll.kext)
          - usbownership flag
          - Fake Id for ATI set to 0x12040000
      Always the same string. Damned !!!!
      I need you guys. Any idea ?
      Is it because my partition is upon the HDD ans not the SSD ? because the partition is not set as active ? pb with kext version ?...
      In attached file : 
      - technical config
      - config.plist
      - Clover's report (F4 key)
      - some harcopies to understand
      sysconfig.HTM
      config.plist
      preboot.log

• By fusion71au
      AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 from High Sierra PB1_17A291m.

Info.plist has been edited so Bundle version is 999.1.1 ---> give higher priority loading in kernel cache/pre-linked kernel than v329 from later betas/GM. Need to disable SIP (since editing info.plist invalidates Apple's kext signature).

Install in /Library/Extensions (so doesn't get over-written during updates) repair permissions, rebuild caches eg
      sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext && sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kextsudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
      Test kext is loadable...
      sudo kextutil -tn /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext
      Confirm kext is loaded after rebooting the system...
      kextstat | grep AHCIPort
      To use with a USB installer, the kext needs to be included in the prelinkedkernel. Use PLK.tool attached to post#13 to create a new prelinkedkernel with AppleAHCIPort.kext v328, then replace original prelinkedkernel in the installer - post#16.
    • By b31k
      Hello
      My system is
      Asus Z170-P Motherboard
      i5 6600K Processor
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB
      Be-quiet 500W PSU
      Crucial 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

BIOS:

xHCI Handoff enable
      Serial Port disable
      SATA AHCI mode
      IOAPIC 24-119 Entries (enable y disable) two mode stuck

I can not build a robust and stable system, The system Sierra is already installed but when I restart or shut down, I get the error Still waiting for root device error, but after too many reboot ( from 2 times to 9) start correctly or other times leave too minutes, with prohibited symbol and finally starts.
      Once started recognised correctly HDD.
      ​Also I tried with a new  EVO860 nvme SSD , but I have the same problem.

I dont know because sometimes yes sometimes no, the system stuck in this error
      ​I add some information files and logs.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
        thank you.

• By TheCoolGuy
      So i'm trying to install OSX 10.4 Tiger (patched for intel cpus) on a 9 year old laptop, so far i've burnt a DVD and tried to boot from it, when not starting with -v it loads and then a prohibited sign shows up, and when starting with -v it keeps saying "still waiting for root device", i've tried multipile fixes and none of them work, and im sure there isnt a problem with the computer as it also fails to boot on my core 2 duo machine, so is it possible one of you guys knows how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
    • By Andrea Gerhard Lutz
      Hi guys!

I ran into some problems trying to boot macOS Sierra after first install part.After the boot, instead of the second part of installer, it shows the macOS utilities screen. I'm pretty noob in Hackintosh community, please help me   

My specs:

PC: Dell Optiplex 755
      CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
      GPU: GeForce 210
      RAM: 8GB DDR2
      120GB SSD + 500GB HDD (Fusion Drive)

(Sorry for my bad English sometimes, I'm Italian)