5 posts in this topic

Update 3 audio fix http://www.mediafire.com/?co2ie1cxas7827o remove applehda before installing package

Update 2 File upload for starters while I have a moment, I will add a noob friendly tutorial when I have more time, thanks for the patience

This package is for the 771 I will upload the 571 soon

http://www.mediafire...xkwfj6vpdp6zchj

Update 1 I'm trying to get all the packages together to upload, this is the method of Install that I used, get a hold of this and unless you have a working mac, transmac will be needed to modify a few files, I used transmac.

Prior to doing this the hard drive is a 4k sector drive so I will add the boot1h file you will need to put on the root of the installer to copy over to make boot work after install. Lastly I will be creating a restore for people who don't want to put in the effort, when it's completed for both laptops ill let everyone know and you can pm me for the link.

Sorry for the delays been busy, just finished getting my wife's Acer v3 571 up and running perfectly as well, I will update you all here, both packages and guides on what I have done. Thanks J

Hello everyone, after lots of work, I have got this laptop under wraps, everything working 100% I am going to upload all the files i used and modified and the dsdt i have created in case anyone else needs help. I will edit this and add the tutorial here asap thanks, J

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

hello papapump -> first, thx 4 sharing youre files! such infos are worth a lot…

I also wanted to buy a new laptop, i already got an hackintosh (asus m50vm) working quite nice.

- does the Nvidia GT 650M work? (the newest macbookpros are shipped with it)

- do you have an SSD-Drive in youre Acer and does it work in osx?

thx 4 the help!

• 1 month later...

hey guys sorry i have been out for a while just dealing with live issues, ###### doesnt work for me at all i used a different method, olaria usb mountain lion installer, its a vanilla installer, i am not allowed to post links so you can use google a its your friend :) other meathods that have worked are the myhack method and xflash that does work, if you have intel hd 4000 you will need to do kext patching on 2 files, for nvidia the new driver is incorperated here http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html if you are using alc269 i have a patched voodoohda file that works great as well, been a rough go for me here sorry for all the delays been tough, thanks everyone

also niresh has a mountain lion usb installer as well, i personally have not tried it but i have heard good things, if you graphics will not allow you to boot, you can always use transmac from windows to delete unnecessary kexts till you have the machine booting, if your screen is 17inch or over you will need a dual link dsdt edit to make it work which i can also provide, some of you are using higher end machines g models which i do not have but we can still make this work no problem, the cuda DOES work so does the intel hd 4000 but i believe a dsdt edit will be needed, for started i would shut off the nvidia in bios and make sure the bios is updated to the latest and we will be the intel hd 4000 working then the cuda, i know they both function amazingly as i have the 650m in a laptop and its wonderful, J

Im not using ssd although it should work just fine, im using 2 hdd's both being one TB, since the new hdd's have a different 4k sector you will encounter boot0 error on boot and will need to download unpkg for mac, and drag chameleon bootloader into it to extract it and copy boot0 to to the usb installer to transfer to your installed partition, the hdd needs to be unmounted and use the cmd dd to transfer over, if you get that far ill send you the link to the boot0 transfer, honestly its sooooo easy, maybe 5 minutes of time

hello papapump -> first, thx 4 sharing youre files! such infos are worth a lot…

I also wanted to buy a new laptop, i already got an hackintosh (asus m50vm) working quite nice.

- does the Nvidia GT 650M work? (the newest macbookpros are shipped with it)

- do you have an SSD-Drive in youre Acer and does it work in osx?

thx 4 the help!