N00b_un_2

Desktop unresponsive for several minutes at boot

3 posts in this topic

I just acquired a laptop. It's an Acer Extensa 5420. It is an AMD Turion64X2 based machine.

I have installed 10.6.3 Retail using Nawcom's ModUSB. The problem is the PS2 kexts. I've tried several different kexts, with varying degrees of success. Ideally I'd like to have full synaptics features, which are known to work on 10.6.8 on this laptop, but I have opted to stick with 10.6.3 because it is far more stable than 10.6.8 and I can acheive proper resolution.

But the biggest issue that is plaguing me is the fact that when I boot up, I can move the mouse using the trackpad but I can't click on anything or type anything for several minutes (usually between 3-4 minutes after boot). After that, it works fine and doesn't give me any problems but the delay is VERY annoying.

I'm inclined to believe it may be caused by more than just the PS2 kexts. Even when I plug in a USB keyboard and mouse, the problem persists. The mouse will move, but I can't click on anything or type anything in for at least 3-4 minutes after boot

Advertisement

Hello,

I've got the same problem and it seems that it's not just the two of us. I've searched other sites/forums and nobody seems to have found a solution to this very annoying issue.

I'm on 10.8.2 ML but before, on 10.7.4, I didn't have this problem at all! I'm still looking for a solution somewhere in the hackintosh community.

Has anybody here on insanelymac found a solution or has any insight? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated :)

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dasca.thea
      Hi everyone,

I have run into a frustrating problem here.

My hardware:
      MSI x399 Meg Creation
      2990WX
      64GB ram @2933Mhz
      Radeon 7
      Sata: Samsung 130GB SSD
      M.2: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB(latest firmware)

Using OpenCore 0.5.6
      (NVMeFix NVMeDxe installed)
      I have successful installed OSX catalina onto my 130GB. It works flawlessly.

and then I figure I should do it on my M.2 drive. It installs flawlessly, at the last stage of installation, it naturally restart and thats it.
      I can not boot into this newly installed OS on the M.2 drive. it keeps throwing: "error loading kernel cache 0x1"

I have tried deleting the prelinkedkernel from recovery partition. Tried rebuilding cache(I have not installed any kext into L/E).

All this time, I can use the same boot USB to boot into catalina on my sata 130Gb SSD working just fine.

attached is my EFI folder. I have tried all the suggested SMBios iMacPro1,1 MacPro6,1 MacPro7,1

is this ruled out that samsung 970Pro doesnt work?
      Please help. 

EFI.zip
    • By herminien
      Hello,

(sorry for my english it's not my native langage)

I have a strange issue with my MacBook air (guess it's software, and I used the premium version of Avast to check any viruses). Some of the keyboard lettering doesn't work. I mean not the keyboard keys but really the letters. For example : when i Push the A on an azerty keyboard it doesn't work. But if I switch to Qwerty it's still the A who doesn't work. The keys working perfectly fine.
      If I plug an USB keyboard this one works absolutely fine.

Also, when I click only the alternative click is working. With the trackpad or a bluetooth mouse.

But here is the strangest thing of all :

If I go to accessibility -> keyboard -> and click on enable sticky keys everything works perfectly fine : the click and the keyboard but not for a long time (actually it changes, sometimes it works for hours and some other for minutes)

To be totally exhaustive : When I tried to access my session I needed to type the password. But I needed the "a" which wasn't working (with the USB keyboard and the other). I went to the recovery system. There, the USB keyboard was working fine so I changed the password to use usable characters. But...The password wasn't changed.
      So I used a bootable version of Catalina on a USB drive. The problem with the trackpad and the keyboard remained, but the UBS keyboard was working fine. And, this time the password asked to access the contents of the other users...was the one I changed and not the original one.

I erased the integrated drive, and re-installed the OS. But the issue remains.
      I guess I need to go deeper in the system but i don't know how.

The MacBook has an other issue for a long time. When I close it, it doesn't go on standby. And now, even after going in standby he wakes up 2 minutes after.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

• By ayeshch
      Me (and many other people) experience eye-ache from new Macbooks (and windows machines).

I have spent two years of trial-and-error and found that installing macOS Mavericks on my MacBook (pro 13 late 2013, Intel Iris 1536 MB) resolves the issue of eye ache completely. (it is believed that newer systems use harsher version of temporal dithering that causes of a certain group of indivisuals eye aches).

I cannot stay at Mavericks because of software support and security issues, so the only thing is an issue now:

How can I take drivers from Mavericks and install them on Catalina? (I tried replacing .kext in /System/Library/Extensions with old files but it didn't work).

It would be so great if possible!

Thank you
    • By D3s0lat0r
      Greetings to the Forum,
      i recently followed a guide on hackintosh,and also i am complete noob in this field.
      all is working great, as i am using macpeets codec with layout id=18 cause i like to manually switch to my headphones.
      only one thing doesnt work and its my mic. I tried all the layout ids but no luck.
      i am using ASROCK Fatal1ty b450 k4 with amd r5 2600.
      wich has alc 892.
      Can you please help me? Thank you very much
    • By agrafuese
      Hello, I hope I am posting in the right place...

I am having issues with VoodooInput. It loads fine, no errors or KPs, but movement is erratic. It seems when I am moving the cursor with my index finger and then try to click with my thumb, the cursor will shoot to the bottom of the screen, causing erroneous clicks and a lot of headaches. Sometimes it shoots to the top instead. Sometimes it performs as expected. It's unpredictable. 

I have used VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID instead, and they work perfectly fine, but unfortunately they cause KPs. Plus, I like that VoodooInput is a singular kext. This is why I am trying to see if there's any way to fix this issue.

Please see signature for my specs.

Thank you.