InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blazer296

Hackintosh Webcam suggestions?

I'm looking into finding a HD webcam which will work with my hack. Need it for facetime, photobooth, skype etc. Any suggestions of a good HD camera which 'just works'?? I've been looking at the Logitech c910 but i've read mixed reviews about several compatibility issues within OSX. Note: I'm not interested in getting the old external firewire apple isight, So please share your experience with PC webcams on OSX and what you recommended for the best OOB experience. Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention, I'm running 10.8.1 mountain lion

Advertisement

I have a Logitech C270, it works in 720p resolution, built in mic working too. I just plugged in and it's all good. I know it's not a professional webcam but I think it's enough for a standard user (like me).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joaquinp
      Hackintosh Spectre XT 15t-400 Touchsmart Sierra

For complete info go to my repo https://github.com/joaquinperaza/Hackintosh-HP-SpectreXT-15t-4000
      This i just a future discussion post. I want to contribute as  thank of all your help.

I made this repo to collect all related info about this laptop. I am not using other dsdt or ssdt patches than clover ones, but I am open to your contributions. Where to start:
      Have a Mac? So prepare a USB using your preferred method, you can choose:
      Clover (Base guide Dont have a mac? Dont worry you can use a virtual box machine in your HP: To set up the vm use: http://www.wikigain.com/install-macos-sierra-10-12-virtualbox/
      I discovered and posted how to run usb intaller in VirtualBox VM using Linux/Windows host:https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/5zks4c/create_sierra_bootable_usb_from_virtualbox/
      I followed this guide that was the most similar to this model: https://www.google.com.uy/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiT2KW8v9HTAhWGIJAKHRtkAZIQFgggMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fhackintosh%2Fcomments%2F5pwtdd%2Fhp_spectre_xt_pro_13b000_running_macos_sierra%2F&usg=AFQjCNEXuPraFVEtqD7am308-wVd7ssCZQ
      So I did it with UxxxBxxx, with this options: UEFI Mode and Inject Intel
      USB installer tunning:
      After completing the UxxBxxx installation donwload clover configurator and add the settings that appear in cloverconfIMG folder. PD:You should also select -v (verbose) flag in boot section in first tests. PD:Ignore ket patches for the moment Copy the drivers inside the drivers64UEFI folder to your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. Copy the kexts from the kext folder to your EFI/CLOVER/kexts EXCLUDE VoodooHDA inside kext/10.12 folder. Sierra install:
      Now you're ready to run Sierra installer (if you are lucky the only issue you would have is no mouse and keyboard during install). Follow normal instructions for install OSX. Key points:
      Disable Secure boot in bios and disable legacy, enable cpu virtualization Boot vith -v flags in first tests. Post installation:
      Install those 'post install kext' with EasyKext Pro:
      VoodooPS2Controller.kext (Enable mouse and keyboard) USBInjectAll.kext (enable touchscreen and webcam) Dont install the optionals fixes yet. Reagarding audio i have tested to solution:
      Apply AppleHDA patched kext (Inside other files folder) //No microphone Use VoodooHDA installer and add the VoodooHDA inside kext/10.12 folder to clover. VoodooHDA provide microphone and beats audio but less quality and no volume. Hdmi fix: The plattform 0x01660004 dont have connectors, but is the onlyone compatible with our screen, so I patched the HEX table for you to make our screen compatible with 0x01660008 wich natively support our HDMI port. Just delete AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from your System/Library/Estensions folder and immediately install the one inside kext folder/optional fixes with EasyKext Pro Then add this kextspatches in CloverConfigurator: | Name | Find | Replace | Plist checked? | | ------ | ------ | ------ | ------ | | AppleIntelFramebufferCapri | 04006601 01030101 00000002 | 04006601 01020402 00000004 | NO | | AppleIntelFramebufferCapri | 05030000 02000000 30020000 00000000 01000000 40000000 00000000 01000000 40000000 00000000 01000000 40000000 00000000 00000000 | 05030000 02000000 30020000 02050000 00080000 06000000 03040000 00040000 81000000 04060000 00040000 81000000 00000000 00020011 | NO |
      Wifi fix: Unfortunately our Intel Centrino N wifi card is not compatible i bought an Atheros AR9285 AR5B95, just replace and add install kexts inside Atheros AR9285 AR5B95 Sierra with EasyKext. | Name | Find | Replace | Plist checked? | | ------ | ------ | ------ | ------ | | AirPortAtheros40 | pci168c,30 | pci168c,2b | YES |
      Author Disclaimer:
      The majority of the software is public on the internet, I only have patched some files and wrote this guide, I am not responsible of any possible damage to your PC, do it at your own risk despite I consider it worth it. If you have any question/issue/suggestion/collaboration please report it via issue tab I will look it immediately.
    • By jonny789
      I have Acer Aspire E5-572G [having Core i5-4210M and NVIDIA Geforce 940M 2GB ] and installed Sierra 10.12.2.
      I have got intelgraphics , brightness ,audio (ALC 283) and wifi (atheros ar956x) working by following guides on this site.

But, Trackpad is not working, only keyboard is working after I have installed VoodooPS2Controller.kext . (I think trackpad is synaptics as I install synaptics driver on windows. )
      webcam is not working too ( when I open FaceTime , it shows no camera found)
      I have installed Nvidia web drivers but I think card is not being detected.
      Battery is draining very fast.

Plz guide me how to resolve above issues and what else do I need to do (applying patches or other tweaks etc) to get a fully working Mac.

Thanks.
    • By Mackintel
      I did a clean install of El Capitan through VMWare workstation 12.  Everything is working except:
      1. The webcam has just the sound, no picture.  I edited the UVC USB camera kext with my webcam's vendor and device id, but it did not help.

2. The maps app does not show any maps (just yellow background)

My system:
      Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop (Skylake I7, 16G, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 x64 Home Premium)
      VMWare Workstation 12

Thanks!

• By macinsane
      Hey everyone, wouldn't it be a good idea (especially for beginners), if we collect compatible mainboards in a special thread (like this )?
      What to look for: Boards that have no USB issues OOB or need a fix. But in the end just work.

Why? People (like me) tried every possible solution or guide offered around the net without success. I would (and I'm pretty sure others would too) consider switching my setup, if I knew for sure, that a particular board would just work. There are people in different forums saying their motherboards ran OOB.
    • By helpme
      Salve a tutti! Quest'estate mi sono messo di buona lena ed ho provveduto ad installare Yosemite sul mio nuovo portatile, un HP ENVY j100el. La release era originariamente la 10.10.2 ma con gli aggiornamenti che ho regolarmente effettuato via Mac App Store ora monto la 10.10.5, lanciata sempre da Clover ed in dual boot con Windows 10. 

Fin dove ho potuto ho cercato di fare tutto da solo, ma ora sono dinanzi ad un muro ed ho bisogno dell'aiuto di qualcuno che ne capisca più di me per poter ovviare a dei problemi. Il sistema di per sé funziona abbastanza bene, ho provveduto anche ad installare programmi professionali di grafica vettoriale e 3D come ad esempio Autocad ed Archicad e paiono avviarsi senza notificare alcun tipo di incompatibilità. Ci sono tuttavia degli aspetti o comunque delle periferiche che potrebbero funzionare ma che non lo fanno. Passi per il wifi, il bluetooth e il lettore integrato di schede SD (Ralink) per i quali mi sono già messo l'anima in pace che non funzioneranno mai, credo si possa metter mano a:

- Webcam: una HP Truevision HD che a molti funziona ma che a me non viene proprio individuata

- Audio: Funziona, ma quanto ad altoparlanti interni funzionano solo i subwoofer, mentre il jack audio si attiva solo se un dispositivo (cuffie o auricolari) è connesso al portatile al boot o al riavvio dopo sleep. Alle volte capita anche che pur disconnettendo le cuffie queste risultino ancora attaccate con il risultato finale che il suono non esce dagli altoparlanti che risultano di fatto inibiti, ciò quasi esclusivamente se il portatile è in modalità batteria o in modalità adattatore ma senza batteria attaccata

- USB: Funziona e funziona anche la modalità 3.0, per le memorie flash nessun problema ma in caso di hard disk esterno affinché Yosemite lo riconosca devo procedere in questo modo: connetterlo, disconnetterlo, connetterlo ad un'altra porta ed infine l'icona appare. Inoltre se per caso il sistema va in sleep ed una qualsivoglia memoria (sia flash che disco rigido) è connessa al portatile dopo lo sleep avviene la notifica di errata espulsione. Ho provato anche con un programma chiamato Jettison che dovrebbe disconnettere automaticamente tutte le periferiche prima dello sleep per poi riconnetterle automaticamente alla riattivazione, ma le notifiche di errata espulsione persistono ugualmente. Ne deduco quindi che l'USB non funziona alla perfezione

- Messaggi: Ho provveduto ad applicare NullEthernet.kext di RehabMan grazie alla quale ora il mio account iCloud funziona con Mac App Store, iTunes, Mail.. ma non capisco perché l'applicazione Messaggi non effettua l'accesso restituendomi invece quest'errore "Impossibile accedere. Verifica la connessione di network e riprova."

A corredo, se può essere utile, allego DSDT, il file spx che contiene le informazioni di sistema tratto da Yosemite, il file readme che contiene le specifiche di sistema generato con Speccy sotto Windows, e il config.plist di Clover. Ovviamente per qualsiasi altro file da postare sono qui..

Se qualcuno mi vuol far la cortesia di dargli un'occhiata o comunque suggerirmi soluzioni praticabili gliene sarei molto grato. Ovviamente a cose sistemate è mia intenzione dare un contributo alla community rilasciando una guida come feci a suo tempo col mio vecchio portatile sul quale montavo Leopard. Grazie a tutti sin da ora!
      Files.zip