• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Aviator92

Stuck on apple screen after installation

2 posts in this topic

I rencently tried to install Hackintosh using iATKOS S3 V2 10.6.3 and when I restart after the installation the system just hangs on the apple screen. I have tried typing in -v on the boot options an then it shows some scrolling text for about 2 seconds then goes to a blank black screen and gets stuck. I have also tried installing using Ideneb 10.5.7 and I get the exact same results. I have also tried a different graphics card (older 128mb ATI radeon) and that didn't help either. Each time I installed I made sure that nothing but the bare necessities (keyboard, mouse, and monitor) were plugged into the computer. I still have the problem whether I use customize install with drivers or not. Please help me I am a noob at this.

Here are the system specs:

ASUS P5B mobo (socket 775)

Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz Hyperthreading

1GB DDR2 RAM

NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GT 256Mb

WD800 80GB SATA HD

IDE DVD-RW Drive

I rencently tried to install Hackintosh using iATKOS S3 V2 10.6.3 and when I restart after the installation the system just hangs on the apple screen. I have tried typing in -v on the boot options an then it shows some scrolling text for about 2 seconds then goes to a blank black screen and gets stuck. I have also tried installing using Ideneb 10.5.7 and I get the exact same results. I have also tried a different graphics card (older 128mb ATI radeon) and that didn't help either. Each time I installed I made sure that nothing but the bare necessities (keyboard, mouse, and monitor) were plugged into the computer. I still have the problem whether I use customize install with drivers or not. Please help me I am a noob at this.

Here are the system specs:

ASUS P5B mobo (socket 775)

Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz Hyperthreading

1GB DDR2 RAM

NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GT 256Mb

WD800 80GB SATA HD

IDE DVD-RW Drive

Have you tried -v cpuz=1 ive had problems in the past with osx on P4HTs, osx dose not seam to like the HT cores my bios let me disable HT so that solved the problems i had my experience was similar were it would get stuck

Ash