Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sound Issues in SL 10.6.8

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am a new member , I am not sure if posts about AMD based hackintosh are allowed in this forum and if not than I apologize and request the Mod to remove this post.

My Config :

AMD Phenom 960T

HD 6750 & HD 5450 (5450 works perfectly but not the 6750)

Gigabyte 880GM-USB 3.1

SL 10.6.8

My problem is the ALC889 on board sound card , If I use Azalia it works but a lot crackle , so I installed VoodooHDA 2.7.4 everything shows up in the system preferences Like line-out green but no sound , than I tried VoodooHDA 2.7.3 sound works but sometimes crackles so I changed the settings in Audio midi to the lowest value with 2 channel 16 bit still at times it crackles. I have tried ###### 3.1 and 4.6 but they don't work.

I also have a Creative sound blaster 5.1 VX in the PCI slot is there a way I could use it.

I apologize again if mentions of AMD hackintosh is not allowed.

Thank you for the link I downloaded 2.7.4 from there made changes to the info.plist but sound was still crackling when not moving the mouse, so found someone asked to disable C1E and try , well I did that and now the sound is perfect and hope it remains that, I will try with C1E Enabled and try and post later.

Somehow I feel that the VoodooHDA is giving much deeper bass, of course not to forget my Altec speakers which are awesome. But When I played under Windows / Itunes the bass was not coming so nice and rich or maybe its just my hearing.