InsanelyMac Forum
koushiro

Mountain line USB won't bring up install

Hi , I've been using a hackintosh for many years with snow leopard. I made the mountain lion USB and went to boot to it. The bootloader came up and asked me to choose the drive and I chose the USB but after that it just restarted the computer. No error codes or anything. Does that snd like a USB boot issue or a hardware issue?

My mb is a little old: asrock 4core 133 esata2

Intel core 2duo 3ghz nvidia GeForce 8600 gt

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks, josh

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Does your XHC2 device still shows in IORegistry? I'm surprised it would with just the SSDT the USB controller is by default attached to PCI0.RP01.SLT1 You're only disabling PXSX device... Unless you renamed SLT1 into XHC2 in Clover hot patch of course...
    • hello @vandroiy2012   I have new new codec. ALC1220 - LayoutID13 (0D) for Clevo P950HR or compatible
      Resources_new_ALC1220_ID13.zip 
      can you please added the new codec?

many thanks
    • Hi   On my system, there is no number version? 
    • Hi @obus 1) your MSR 0xE2 is unlocked. (period :P ) 2) also 0x7e000003 means unlocked and in some case it means reprogrammed with a kernel patch (see my post of my thread when I expose @SammlerG patches in solution 2 KGP guides is a specific and extensive x299 guide (Asus in particular) and 79xx CPU not xeon. In that guide I can't see any evidence of a xeon like yours having success..or maybe Am I missing something there? So I have to repeat my self: 1a) is your system stable? can you post different try with cinebencz, Luxmark3.1, Geekbench before a after a sleep/wake cycle?(testing cpu/gpu more time) and compare results? 2a) in those conditions check temperatures if are the same or not If all of these conditions are verified.. Be happy!. Xeon is different Also my kind of cpu (similar to mine but not xeon can boot without a fakecpuid or similar hack for kernel) xeon NO! Be happy and try to find some user with a similar rig to yours :)