Acer Revo R3610 - Ethernet Not Working

8 posts in this topic

I have recently installed 10.8 on the second partition of my Acer Revo R3610. The system is booting fine but the ethernet is not working. My ethernet chip is (I think) MCP79 and it is working fine in snow leopard and lion (so may be I can use the kext from lion or SL)

Could anyone please help me with this.

R3610 Specs:

Processor - Intel Atom 330

Chipset - NVIDIA ION chipset

Memory - 4GB

Wifi Card - Removed before installing ML (as not working in Lion)

Thanks

I installed the ML on my Core2Duo HP laptop and then took the HDD out and connected it to my Revo via USB and Cloned the ML partition with Super Duper on One of the partitions of my Revo. And yeah I also installed the latest version of Chameleon ... I think v2.1 r2050 ...

On booting up the Revo I got the PCI Configuration Begin Error ... I replaced the IOPCIFamily.Kext With This

Then I got the Bluetooth Error - To fix this I DELETED IOBluetoothFamily.kext from S/L/E

And then it booted just fine ...Actually before doing the above I tried something else also ... I installed all the kext from this post and forgot about them so they were all there .. actually they are all still there ... I tried replacing them with the originals but then the system booted in the black screen ... so something is definetely usefull ... will fix the ethernet first and if facetime and icloud works ok then I'll reinstall it fresh...

And yeah Lion errors are also similar with similar solutions .. but I'm still trying to fix my icloud and face time

Hope it helps

I installed the ML on my Core2Duo HP laptop and then took the HDD out and connected it to my Revo via USB and Cloned the ML partition with Super Duper on One of the partitions of my Revo. And yeah I also installed the latest version of Chameleon ... I think v2.1 r2050 ...

On booting up the Revo I got the PCI Configuration Begin Error ... I replaced the IOPCIFamily.Kext With This

Then I got the Bluetooth Error - To fix this I DELETED IOBluetoothFamily.kext from S/L/E

And then it booted just fine ...Actually before doing the above I tried something else also ... I installed all the kext from this post and forgot about them so they were all there .. actually they are all still there ... I tried replacing them with the originals but then the system booted in the black screen ... so something is definetely usefull ... will fix the ethernet first and if facetime and icloud works ok then I'll reinstall it fresh...

And yeah Lion errors are also similar with similar solutions .. but I'm still trying to fix my icloud and face time

Hope it helps

Do you have a org.chameleon.Boot.plist setup? May I recommend having these?

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

and delete this, it broke Ethernet for me. Your only supposed to have it if you finish troubleshooting all errors and your system boots up without errors. (its only used to make the boot time faster.)

<key>Kernel Cache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

post-367557-0-79313200-1346104673_thumb.png

i tried that setting and it did not work for me. i did not do a fresh install i basically upgraded my osx lion. i did not have any issues with installing. right now the only thing i notice is no ethernet is there any other fixes.

i tried that setting and it did not work for me. i did not do a fresh install i basically upgraded my osx lion. i did not have any issues with installing. right now the only thing i notice is no ethernet is there any other fixes.

I had a lot of issues when I upgraded to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard.. Maybe try a fresh installation?

It can't hurt

• 5 weeks later...