ASUS P5Q Network issue - AttansicL1e

Tii09

3 posts in this topic

Yo guys =)

Finally I installed OSX 10.8 after using Lion for ages.

Everything works so awesome... Like it's been the native OS :D

But there is one little problem.

If I boot up my Hackintosh, and start using Safari the internet works for about 1min.

Just like a charm. But then after that minute it stops working. Just no internet connect anymore. In my network options the Ethernet appears to be connected with the green light ( seems to work properly )

Just Safari and all the apps which need internet connection dont get any connection.

This problem doesn't appear everytime. Maybe once in five boots. But it's somehow annoying because I have to reboot then. But then it works.

I have the AttansicL1e.kext from Lion I think.

Not sure if there is a special one for ML 10.8.

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install all the drivers I need.

Maybe there is someone out there who has/had the same problem and can help me?

Thanks in advance =)

Hi! I had a problem with my Attansic ethernet chipset too, it was totally non-working, until i tried AttansicL1Ethernet.kext from Snow Leaopard (i think it comes from Iatkos, but i'm not sure, because i reinstalled and updated my system many times since).

Just in case, and also for other users who could have similar problems, here's the kext i've used.

In my case, to make it work i had to put "PCIRootUID=1" and (i don't thnk it's related, but just in case) "npci=0x3000" (without the quotes) in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist wich makes:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32@60</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

(Note: the only important things to retain here is ""EthernetBuiltin"="Yes"" and "PCIRootUID=1" the other settings are specific to my (half-working) ML config, so don't try to copy them! It could ruin your life and/or kill your hamster! :spam: )

And voilà, ethernet is working fine, iCloud doesn't work though, if you're in that case you'll have to search on the forum for a solution, because i don't have one.