Can only boot from USB :(

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I've recently installed ML on my Hackintosh. Everything is working fine; video, audio, network, etc. The only issue I'm having is my Chameleon bootloader won't load ML. I can only boot ML with the USB that has U L T I B E A S T on it. My version of Chameleon worked with Snow Leopard. I've downloaded a newer version of Chameleon from OSx86.net but I can't figure out how to install this new version. There was a tutorial I found by doing a simple google search on installing the new Chameleon via the Terminal. I went through the tutorial but the old version of Chameleon is still installed when I boot up. This may not even be the right avenue to alleviate the real issue here, getting ML to boot without the USB.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction here, I'd appreciate it!

-Kellan

A few topics above this one is New Releases and Updates. Inside, the first topic is about Chameleon. Open the first page. Scroll down untill you see 2045 Chameleon-pkg.zip. Download and double click. Double click the resulting installer and you will be prepared to install Chameleon 2045 to your HD (make sure it indicates the correct install location). When done you should be able to boot without the USB bootloader.

• 1 month later...