trying to get ethernet working...

10 posts in this topic

Installed mountain lion on my laptop... installed kext for my realtek ethernet!

Plugged in ethernet cable, and then it doesn't connect to internet.. i go into diagnotics.. on the side ethernet is green (active)... Network settings is yellow and ISP is green, so surely i'm doing something wrong? I have restarted the router multiple times but same happens..

any ideas? :)

^ +1, and that diag thing for network is useless, it doesn't ever "fix" anything. You'll be able to tell as much and more just looking in network under system prefs, probably getting a "self assigned IP" and not one from your DHCP pool at the moment if it shows ethernet as active.

Your card is listed as supported by lnx2mac which makes me think you may have conflicting kexts.

Remove all network related kexts you have added and restore a vanilla IONetworkingFamily.

Install Realtek81xx.kext, rebuild caches and repair permissions and reboot.

You should now have Ethernet.

You may need to add EthernetBuiltIn Yes to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist for App Store etc)

And stop using crappy-beast, you have no idea what it is doing under the hood!

Just do things manually.

• Like 1

You need to install chameleon to your hard drive to boot without the USB.

Use Chemeleon Wizard to create your smbios.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Install fakesmc + any other kexts to S/L/E

Repair permissions and rebuild caches with Kext Wizard

Reboot

• 3 months later...

Similar problem Just installed ML on its own HDD. Mobo is GA-Z77-D3H with i5 3570K 8MB RAM.

Atheros 8161 on mobo and RTL8139 in PCI slot. Other two hdrives in the box have Win7 and Ubuntu12 on them and the cards work fine.

OS X sys info says no cards fitted which is clearly b***s. kext plugin checked and drivers definitely there.

Q

Similar problem Just installed ML on its own HDD. Mobo is GA-Z77-D3H with i5 3570K 8MB RAM.

Atheros 8161 on mobo and RTL8139 in PCI slot. Other two hdrives in the box have Win7 and Ubuntu12 on them and the cards work fine.

OS X sys info says no cards fitted which is clearly b***s. kext plugin checked and drivers definitely there.

Q