Trackpad-Simulator / Virtual Magic-Trackpad

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

do you know, if there is a tool, that can simulate an magic-trackpad-input and multitouch-gestures?

Im using a Wacom Grafictablet, and I'm not willing to buy an extra Magic-Trackpad just for some fancy scrolling.

What I'm imagine is a tool, that gives the typical-trackpad input: lets say 3-finger-touch, this combined with a mouse/pen movement will result in the typical 3-finger-trackpad-swipe.

I would love to do the typical finger-swipe-scroll in iTunes for example, but right now theres no other way than clicking and holding the scrollbar at the right.

It would be great to assign a Key to activate 2-finger-touch-input, press and hold the the key while moving the cursor up and down for scrolling.

Is there already a tool to do the trick?

If not, do you think its possible to make one, or is it too hard (or not even possible) to simulate the magic-trackpad?

Thank you

better touch tool has wacom support, but it's experimental. Haven't tried that part due to also having magic trackpad, but app is free and awesome .

Thank you. I already checked better touch. It only supports multi-touch Wacom tablets like Bamboo or Intuos5. I have an Intuos3 without mutlitouch-input, so it doesn't help.

I just found some interesting information about touch-programming. http://www.touch-base.com/documentation/gestures.htm#_Overview

So theres seems to be a way to adress the built-in macos-gestures.

Anyone wants to develop a little tool?

I can contribute interfacedesign, if needed.

There might be some Graphictablet users out there looking for this.

what your describing on a non-multitouch tablet, sounds a bit awkward, especially with 1 hand, when keyboard shortcuts could do the same quite easily. All the gestures can be done via keyboard shortcut, which you try mapping as you see fit for your device. I'm afraid if you want mutitouch on the tablet without need to use the keyboard, a multitouch tablet would be needed, the pen is another touch. Assigning a modifier key to one of the tablet's buttons to use with it's basic input would probably be the best you could do. btw, magictrackpad is worth the $, still like to have regular mouse too, but it has as much to do with how well, and fluidly it works and not just that it CAN do mutitouch

@seltsam23 To give you a straight and honest answer, you're better off just shelling out the $69 for the magic trackpad because if you're going to try and recreate a multi touch interface you'll probably succeed but then the issue of fluidity comes in to play. It took Apple engineers to create the seamless gesture interface not seasonal developers.

• Like 1