Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
agentej

LifeChat LX-1000

5 posts in this topic

Does the Microsoft LifeChat LX-1000 works on OS X? Or, Is there a way to get it working? I want to speak with my friends while playing Minecraft

Thank you :)

Advertisement

does it have 2 mini mic 3.5mm connectors or 1? If 2, it will work fine as long as you got your audio working on your hack. These are TRS connectors (tip, ring, sleeve) If it uses a single plug like iphone headset with mic does, it is TRRS (tip, ring, ring, sleeve) and would require an adapter to work, but since it was made for windows PCs, it should use TRS and therefore work fine as is, probably has one connector that would plug into your headphone out, and another that will go to your mic input.

does it have 2 mini mic 3.5mm connectors or 1? If 2, it will work fine as long as you got your audio working on your hack. These are TRS connectors (tip, ring, sleeve) If it uses a single plug like iphone headset with mic does, it is TRRS (tip, ring, ring, sleeve) and would require an adapter to work, but since it was made for windows PCs, it should use TRS and therefore work fine as is, probably has one connector that would plug into your headphone out, and another that will go to your mic input.

It has 2 connectors and one is connected on the pink connector. My audio is working but it doesn't work. On system preferences, the dots don't light up when I talk...

So... Any idea?

go to /Applications/Utilities/AudioMidiSettings.app and look there for those ports and enable appropriate ones for mic and sound. Front panel if configured right should be auto sensing so as you look at that screen and plug/unplug the mic or headphone plug, the name of the device will change from Line-in to microphone or line-out to headphones

go to /Applications/Utilities/AudioMidiSettings.app and look there for those ports and enable appropriate ones for mic and sound. Front panel if configured right should be auto sensing so as you look at that screen and plug/unplug the mic or headphone plug, the name of the device will change from Line-in to microphone or line-out to headphones

Sorry, but it didn't work.... :( Thank you for your help

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cydia2020
      Hi,
      Recently I purchased a Microsoft Surface Book (1st Gen) with dedicated graphics, there are no detailed written up step-by-step guides on this machine yet so I think I am gonna be the first one to post.

This guide is not being recommended by its author, as the outcome is usually janky and unstable, most of the basic functions of your Surface will not work in macOS
      Please consider the consequence before proceeding. Thank you

******謝絕轉載謝謝配合******
      ******Please do not repost, thanks******
      ******転載禁止です。ご協力をお願いします。*******

Guide is deprecated as I do not own the hardware any longer. Although you might have some luck with newer macOS versions if you do some digging.

Disclaimer: you are responsible for what you do, please proceed with care

Works
      Keyboard & Trackpad
      Gesture does not work Pointer does not move when holding down a Surface Keyboard key SD card reader,
      USB 3.0 ports,
      Sound
      PCIe SSD
      Intel HD 520 Graphics works perfect on 10.11.4
      mDP video out
      Long press power key brings up the power menu
      Brightness
      Screen turns off when the lid is shut

Doesn't work
      NVidia dGPU
      iGP is buggy after upgrading to 10.12, maybe Lilu.kext can correct this
      Touch Screen
      Wireless (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth)
      Volume rocker
      Battery status (does work if you want to put some work into it)

What Works for 10.12
      Everything for 10.11 :-)

First Step: Installing a Virtual Machine
      You will need a virtual machine or a real Mac in order to get the installation thumb drive ready, setup process for the virtual machine is relatively easy, but does require some of your time and some basic computer knowledge.
      I will not go into details on these steps as there are plenty online

Second Step: Prepare Your Installation Media
      You will need an actual Mac or a virtual machine to make this possible, as installers can only be obtained from the App Store.
      You'll need to download the Mac OS 10.11.x installation App from this link For macOS 10.12 please go to this link Open Disk Utility. Select the USB Drive and format it as Mac OS X Extended (Journal-ed), Name it whatever you want. Now, open terminal, enter the following command, this is going to take roughly 4 minutes on an USB 3.0 drive or 20-30 minutes on an USB 2.0 drive For 10.11 sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/PARTITION NAME --applicationpath "/Applicatons/Install OS X El Capitan.app" --nointeraction The previous method won't work on 10.12, use the guide below Download Clover from Clover Official Download Page Install Clover by choosing "Install UEFI Version only, install to the EFI partition of your USB Drive, Install Themes and Driver64UEFI(unselect CsmVideoDxe-64) After the process is complete, you should see a partition called EFI mounted in your Finder, that is the EFI partition of your thumb drive (Copy the EFI folder from Installing OS X to the EFI Partition) only do this if it didn't happen automatically Download SurfaceDriver.zip and follow the instructions in ReadMe.txt ++++++++++Guide for 10.12 USB Media Creation++++++++++
      10.12+ only
      Show hidden files by executing this command in terminal defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES Navigate to /Application/Install macOS Sierra/Contents/SharedSupport and mount InstallESD.dmg
      Open "Disk Utility", restore the USB drive with Basesystem.dmg (hidden, unhide with the aforementioned command) in the mounted DMG file.
      Delete the old symlink files in the USB Drive before proceeding. Copy /Packages in the mounted DMG file to the restored USB's /System/Installation directory.
      Copy basesystem.dmg and basesystem.chunklist to the root directory of your USB drive

Third Step: Installing OS X / macOS
      Please partition your drive first, I wouldn't go into details about how to do this, but your EFI partition should be at least 200MB, otherwise macOS installation would fail

Now, we can start installing macOS, you should plug in an external keyboard, a mouse, and your thumb drive containing your installation files, use an USB Hub if not enough ports are available, after finishing the boot process, you should see the welcome page, choose the language you prefer and proceed
      Choose Disk Utility, select your targeting partition and click erase, format as OS X Extended (Journal-ed), then, exit Disk Utility and proceed with the installation as per usual

You might need to boot into macOS again to fully complete the installation

The Final Process: Make your experience better
      You don't have to patch the keyboard driver for 10.12.1 and/or above
      For 10.12, please install the kexts in 10.12 "install" folder located in the driver pack
      Making the keyboard works (10.11 only)
      Navigate to /System/Library/Extension Copy IOUSBFamily.kext to your desktop Right click on it and choose show package content, go to /Contents/PlugIns Right click on IOUSBHIDDriver and choose show package content, go to /Contents Open Info.plist using softwares like: PlistEditor Pro, or XCode Navigate to IOKitPersonalities Copy Generic Keyboard and right click on IOKitPersonalities Select "Paste as a child" Expand Generic Keyboard 2 change the value of bInterfaceProtocol to 0 change the value of bInterfaceSubclass to 3 change USBCompatibilityMatch to YES (doesn't have this on 10.11) save the file and open Kext Utilities Drag and Drop the kext in to it, enter password and after it finished reboot, then you should have a working keyboard  
      Install Clover to the Internal SSD
      To install clover to your internal ssd, you will need the clover installer, there was a link above
      Install clover as normal, install to your macOS system drive Use UEFI, Install themes and Drivers, unselect CsmVideoDxe Copy the drivers, details above Use BOOTICE x64 under windows, mount EFI under windows, Select UEFI tab, add a new boot entry, navigate to EFI:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi, name it clover bootloader (or whatever you like). Go to Surface UEFI, unselect Windows Boot Manager under Boot tab, select and drag CLOVER to the first position of the UEFI boot sequence,  

You'll need a Wi-Fi dongle to get online or you can use USB Tether
      You'll also need a Bluetooth dongle to get BT working

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Thanks to
      LonelyTV
      MeuPRodrigo
      maj1es2tic
      Pike

and all of you
    • By ezyrdr
      hello yall!
      i was lucky enough to get maldon help for this asus h97m-e/csm build with a core i5 4440 and 16GB ddr3 (MSI GeForce GT710 2GB)...was updatable till 10.14.3...but i got the update to 10.14.4 right when it was available, n it didn't work...everything booted nicely, but after verbose i got a black screen, just like the one i got with mojave/high sierra when i didn't had the latest smc...
      i think it might be that, the fakesmc, but i couldn't tell if it aint the nvidia graphics board...nvidia is now out of hackintosh game i guess...but this gt710 is very compatible, n i don't think they changed the requirements in the middle of a build...
      also now on 10.14.3 i can't log to App Store...dont know why, cause i was checkin that app on the daily, n never got a problem under 14.3 (i can log in iTunes and books, seems there's a problem with 14.3 for App Store i didn't realize before)
      everything is nice besides that, n i whipped the drive n reinstalled mojave, then i updated to 14.3 with the update combo dmg from apple...i can only think of your help guys, since the fakesmc´s didn't update no mo lately (rehabman´s)...