help with vaio vpcs12c5e

p4ever

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i've recently installed mountain lion on my vaio vpcs12c5e but if i want the display working i've to use the flag GraphicsEnabler=No.

My GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce 310M

could anyone help me to patch the dsdt so that my display could be used?

This is the dsdt:

dsdt.rar

Problem is no DSDT,need to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes andNVEnabler .kext

Screen+shot+2009-12-13+at+2.28.25+PM.png

DSDT

The cleanest and newest method favored by many OSx86 enthusiasts for it's 'vanilla' approach. You add some code to your DSDT, and it auto-identifies your graphics card. You need to view your system's information to edit NVCap values using IORegistry Editor. This tool comes with XCode and should be on your Snow Leopard Retail DVD. If you selected XCode at install, it will be in /Devloper/Applications/Utilities. For an example of the edited code, download this .dsl file, taken from an MSI GD65 motherboard.

Screen+shot+2009-12-13+at+2.49.45+PM.png

EFI String

You can use EFIStudio application to extract your specific card information, or EFI String. Then place that information into your com.apple.Boot.plist. It is also a very clean method involving no edited or additional kexts.

efistudio.png

Enabler Kexts

Enabler kexts, like ethernet or audio kexts, are installed either in /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions are the oldest used method of identifying graphics cards. Older methods for Leopard included NVInject, NVKush. Lately the most widely used kexts for Snow Leopard is NVEnabler andEVOenabler which both feature 32/64 bit support. NVEnabler injects 2nd display and TV-OUT information better than any method I've used.The downside of this method is that many times Apple's updates break functionality, necessitating users to find a new solution.

Screen+shot+2009-12-13+at+2.58.56+PM.png

Modified Kexts

For troublesome and newer cards, some users must inject device IDs directly into stock system kexts in addition to providing enablers. Specifically the ATI 48xx series and nVidia GTX 2xx cards have proved more difficult to enable. For many solutions, check out netkas' blog.

There are various ways to enable full graphics card acceleration for your Hackintosh. You can probably do 2 or 3 different methods to get to the same place. Some users will tout DSDT modifications over kexts for the sake of keeping the installation more like a real Mac. Others will argue that whatever is functional will suffice. Part of the fun is testing them all out and coming up with your own favorite solution. :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 months later...