Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

After rolling back some kexts, i.e. AppleACPIPlatform, IOPCIFamily and System kexts,

Sinetek's 12.0.0 kernel still can be used (compatible) with the osx ML-10.8.2 (12C54)

Just like the vanilla kernel. But it would be better to make a proper 12.2 kernel, since it improves battery life for laptops. :)

hypothetical question here, I have a 32-bit Lion partition...what do you guys think the chances of installing the corecrypto.kext, upgrading to ML and running the new kernel would work?

I feel like it would be much easier than a fresh installation of ML, but im not certain how well it would work in the transition over.

hypothetical question here, I have a 32-bit Lion partition...what do you guys think the chances of installing the corecrypto.kext, upgrading to ML and running the new kernel would work?

I feel like it would be much easier than a fresh installation of ML, but im not certain how well it would work in the transition over.

I rebuild the osx86 ML-10.8.0 installation disk within the osx86 Lion 10.7.5 (32-bit)

and it's no need to use the myhack or any similar tools (3rd party)

What I've done:

- mount the Mac OS X Install ESD.dmg

- restore the Mac OS X Base System.dmg to a usb disk (ufd)

- replace the Packages folder of the ufd with the one from the original Mac OS X Install ESD mounted drive

- replace both OSInstall & OSInstall.mpkg with the ones which are compatible with the MBR partition

- copy sinetek's kernel to the root of the ufd

- add / replace some necessary kexts. i.e. FakeSMC, corecrypto

- remove all appleintel* kexts

- add a new <dict> which contains "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" & "0x43911002" into the AppleAHCIPort.kext's info.plist

- install the chameleon bootloader to the ufd

- repair all the ownership & the permissions

- rebuild the kernel & kext caches

- exit the lion

- boot my pc with the ufd and run the installation

Alright, I'm going to post my understanding of how to install ML on AMD. Please let me know about mistakes, I will update this post as necessary.

1. Use my hack to flash ML to 8GB USB drive.

2. Swap Mach_kernel on my hack disk for sineteks.

3. Swap corecrypto.kext on my hack disk with Andy's.

4. Swap the kexts that need to be rolled back with the old ones (if on .8.2). Could someone link the old kexts?

5. Boot my hack USB and install ml.

6. Boot SL live USB (Catch me on IRC if you need help making these) and swap out the same files you did in steps 2-4.

7. Boot from hard drive, and see what happens.

Can someone please clarify how to avoid the grey/black screen issue? Thanks.

• Like 2

I rebuild the osx86 ML-10.8.0 installation disk within the osx86 Lion 10.7.5 (32-bit)

and it's no need to use the myhack or any similar tools

What I've done:

- restore the Mac OS X Base System.dmg to a usb disk (ufd)

- replace the Packages folder of the ufd with the one from the original Mac OS X Install ESD mounted drive

- replace both OSInstall & OSInstall.mpkg with the ones which are compatible with the MBR partition

- copy sinetek's kernel to the root of the ufd

- add / replace some necessary kexts. i.e. FakeSMC, corecrypto

- remove all appleintel* kexts

- add a new <dict> which contains "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" & "0x43911002" into the AppleAHCIPort.kext's info.plist

- install the chameleon bootloader to the ufd

- repair all the ownership & the permissions

- rebuild the kernel & kext caches

- exit the lion

- boot my pc with the ufd and run the installation

I sort of know what all that means. You basically created your own USB drive without use of hackintosh tools (######, myhack)

as for "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" & "0x43911002" into the AppleAHCIPort.kext's info.plist" is that 0x43911002 specific to your drive controller? or a universtal string? Could I just use my existing Lion one?

The rest is easy peasy

I sort of know what all that means. You basically created your own USB drive without use of hackintosh tools (######, myhack)

as for "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" & "0x43911002" into the AppleAHCIPort.kext's info.plist" is that 0x43911002 specific to your drive controller? or a universtal string? Could I just use my existing Lion one?

The rest is easy peasy

sinetek_ml_07.gif

it will not work with my Phenom II X6 with ML10.8.2.

I put all the drivers and the modified corocrypt.kext from andy, FakeSMC+nullpower to s / l / e and created with myhac an usb-stick with Mountain Lion 10.8.2. then i places the current kernel of sinetek after root and adjusted the org.chamelon.boot.plist .it will not work , whey?

IMG_5305.JPG

Can someone explain to me what the people who got to the desktop did that the people who got stuck with a white/grey screen didn't?

Bugs in the opemu. Here is the newest build. Athlons will like this, ;)

About the source, yes, I will release them.

Boot flags, busratio.

:graduated:

http://speedy.sh/hyzD6/mach-kernel

Diff

http://pastebin.com/pn3GmeCN

=== BY THE WAY ===

Huge thanks to AnV and Meklort in particular, they really rock! AnV was here all along helping us even though he underwent surgery, if that's not dedication, I don't know what is!

-- Sinetek

• Like 4

Bugs in the opemu. Here is the newest build. Athlons will like this, ;)

About the source, yes, I will release them.

Boot flags, busratio.

:graduated:

http://speedy.sh/hyzD6/mach-kernel

Diff

http://pastebin.com/pn3GmeCN

=== BY THE WAY ===

Huge thanks to AnV and Meklort in particular, they really rock! AnV was here all along helping us even though he underwent surgery, if that's not dedication, I don't know what is!

-- Sinetek

Awesome mate. It starts to boot but KP on AppleFSCompression