Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

As mentioned above Kext Wizard does not fix every permission error. Disk utility found many more errors, so be sure to repair permissions with Disk Utility especially after you roll back the system and sandbox kexts. I hope now the system stabilizes with no kernel[0]: OPEMU:  mov [rdx+0x10], rcx errors.

@spaak I can't either boot with andy's BSA R9 with phenom x6 1090t, Sinetek has issues with shutdown/restart and other kernels from andy have graphic glitches, with Cassa working fine fixing the previous bugs in both 10.9.0/ 10.9.2. 

@kio i have the same problem(green artifacts/lines) with flash player in both safari and mozilla while in chrome everything is ok. Also I have another strange bug. In Premiere Pro fullscreen playback is fine, while in After Effects fullscreen ram preview is not realtime. These happen with every kernel.

• Like 2

Thanks Bronya kernel rc4 

I really really seems valid, 

the bsa gave me some trouble chart, you have lines around characters and small artifacts in some green video views 

with rc4 now I have a perfect hack :yes:

• Like 1

The rc4 gave me graphics problem, it does get into desktop but can't see a thing with colorful spinning wheel... @_@ the bsa v9 couldn't get me into desktop, any suggestion for my case? my amd is fx8320!

You should wait or 5 min or 10 min for get desktop )

Hi Spakk, just to be crystal clear as I am now a little confused, are you saying that you could run 10.9.2 and 10.9.3 using a 10.9.0 AMD kernel (let's say Bronya 10.9.0 RC7 for instance) with the following kexts rolled back to 10.9.0 versions?

• AppleLPC.kext
  • AppleSMC.kext
  • Sandbox.kext
  • System.kext

It is the fact! What reason do I have to make a false statement here. That would destroy any development. .. and that's the last thing I would lose my mind.

@Bronya Not tried your new kernel yet, as your previous resulted in random kernel panicks with 1090t, but I will try it soon and report back.

@Herve It worked for me too. Start by replacing sandbox and system kext and try to boot. If it doesn't boot, gradually replace the other kexts mentioned till it boots.

Something interesting is that video stutters with quicktime, while they play fine with vlc. Could this be a kernel related issue or graphics?

It is the fact! What reason do I have to make a false statement here. That would destroy any development. .. and that's the last thing I would lose my mind.

But i checked. from those you said, only system.kext was replaced in the update.

If you sort by modified by date you'll see that none of those were updated. 6 kexts in total were (I think, I dont remember exactly how many)

I was able to boot into the desktop by replacing only system.kext but i have to boot using the -f flag... (ill try rebuilding the kexts cache later) with the old kernels. the new bronya ones still give me the crypto kp. (AMD Phenom II x4 940)

I'm currently downloading the new xnu.

The first thing I'm gonna do is make a diff between the previous and the current kernel.

I wanna see if they changed something important.

Keep you guys up to date ;)

EDIT: Some things have changed... not the least bit the code signing routines...

Check for yourself... diff attached...

EDIT2: Downloading Xcode 5.1.1 currently.

After this I'm going to update the required build tools for the kernel and see what I can do...

xnu_old_new.diff.zip

• Like 6

I've built the kernel.

It currently is untested but should work...

EDIT: I'm currently updating it for use with older cpus...

Post soon...

Updated version... R10.

Test it please and report back...

It boots fine on my Intel...

This one should work fine on older AMD's too... :D

BRONYA_ANV_SINETEK_R10_10.9.2.diff.zip

BSA_kernel.zip

• Like 9

Great Job ..ANDY???

System boots ..... it depends at the moment on the wrong chipsetdriver by pandora ... I will remove the wrong driver the start my USB Stick with 10.9.2 . A huge compliment , Andy

• Like 3

Folks, I suppose anyone who can donate to the kernel developers - currently Andy Vandjick and Bronzovka - should consider it. Even if only to enable them to use better internet bandwidths for updating Xcode. :P  Also to RampageDev, for his post-installation combo.

Any amount, even a symbolic one, would do it. AMD OSX86 is hard to accomplish. Any development for us should be rewarded and cared for.

All the best!

• Like 4

Folks, I suppose anyone who can donate to the kernel developers - currently Andy Vandjick and Bronzovka - should consider it. Even if only to enable them to use better internet bandwidths for updating Xcode. :P  Also to RampageDev, for his post-installation combo.

Any amount, even a symbolic one, would do it. AMD OSX86 is hard to accomplish. Any development for us should be rewarded and cared for.

All the best!

The more feedback I get on my new DMG the better it will get. 

Also the more DSDT and IOreg extracts I get the more boards I can support meaning all you have to worry about is getting it installed. 

• Like 2

Andy R10_kernel boots perfect on 10.9.2 even without changing the system.kext. Thank you for that :) And I will test it on 10.9.3 when I clone my working build ;)

Great job!! Thanks again!!

Ok, so I updated my mavericks to 10.9.3 and everything working good. I had a few problems with this update but now it is working.

Strange thing that this update add to my Extensions AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and change my edited displays icons to standard icons.

But 10.9.3 now working on both kernels - R9_kernel and R10_kernel :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

P.S. And now I can't repair permissions by Disk Utility and myHack.app. Everytime I repair permissions, system freezez after 5minutes...strange?

Edited by tragediana150
  • Like 1

I've built the kernel.

It currently is untested but should work...

EDIT: I'm currently updating it for use with older cpus...

Post soon...

Updated version... R10.

Test it please and report back...

It boots fine on my Intel...

This one should work fine on older AMD's too... :D

Test run on 10.9.3 (13d65) 
for me as you can see is that the RC4 Bronya bsa_R10 Andy 
  Very good results, Thanks Andy :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

BRONYA_ANV_SINETEK_R10_10.9.3.png

test rc4 Bronya.png

Still got distorted screen (sometimes gray screen) with spinning wheel even with R10 or RC4 @_@ very strange, I'm using FX8320, I thought it would work but turned out not as expected... Do I have to modify anything beside replacing mach_kernel?

busratio=16 npci=0x2000

Tried again on another installation, first time booted normally with andy's RC10 and new system.kext and 10.9.0 sandbox.kext. Next, i installed 10.9.2 sandbox.kext repaired permissions, but it then again stucked in the grey screen with the cursor.

After reinstalling the old sandbox.kext, I stucked again in the grey screen. Very strange as it was working before.

edit:

Tried again on third installation. Booted normally with RC10 and system.kext two times. Then installed the voodoohda.kext with kext wizard plus repaired permissions from diskutil and boom, in the next boot stucked again at the gray screen and cursor.

Then boot with: -v -f npci=0x2000 usekernelcache=no , or without usekernelcache=no , then tell us where your system stops

Edit:

my test os x system now fails to boot. OS X restarts again and again from new. I will install today evening all over again. Maybe I made ​​a mistake? No idea.