theconnactic

Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

6,477 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Awesome, cool  Sinetek ! :)))

Interested !

I created mach_kernel_rc7 !!! Soon full.diff !

It is working with chameleon , i tested ! :)

Soon for ML 10.8 and Lion ! :)

attachicon.gifmach_rc7_10_9.zip

OH MY GOD!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL!!!

It works so good now. Now I don't need Clover!

Confirmed working on FX-8320 and Chameleon/Chimera

I wish I had money to donate to you all!

Ok, so I figured out Clover, now Clover boots my USB but it panics here:

IMG_20131108_132924.jpg

This could be a problem with your DSDT

Clover has DSDT patching

Go into "Options" menu, select "DSDT Fix mask", and uncheck everything. 

Thanks Mohamed Khairy and ameris_cyning, but I got Bronya's kernel working good with Chameleon, so I don't need Clover anymore, but thank you anyway for answering. :)

OH MY GOD!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL!!!

It works so good now. Now I don't need Clover!

Confirmed working on FX-8320 and Chameleon/Chimera

I wish I had money to donate to you all!

Glad to hear that its working for you

Wish you would give Clover a second chance

Clover is an incredibly powerful boot loader. 

Glad to hear that its working for you

Wish you would give Clover a second chance

Clover is an incredibly powerful boot loader. 

I got nothing against Clover, from what I read it is a very good bootloader. I'm more of a "stick to what you know" guy, and Chameleon never let me down. One day when I have nothing to do, I'll give Clover a second chance. :)  I'm just happy as hell right now! :D I can't wait for a ML kernel w/ graphics fix.

I got nothing against Clover, from what I read it is a very good bootloader. I'm more of a "stick to what you know" guy, and Chameleon never let me down. One day when I have nothing to do, I'll give Clover a second chance. :)  I'm just happy as hell right now! :D

Ahh, I understand.

And yes, this is a time for celebration.

You AMD developers deserve some champagne 

Bronya going to give your kernel a try now.
For some reason Mavericks uses basically ALL of my 4gb of RAM continuously and chows my CPU, but no process shows up using it?

Screen_Shot_2013_11_08_at_12_16_43_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2013_11_08_at_12_16_45_PM.pn

The processes eventually load, mds_stores seems to be chowing the CPU.

Really happy to see graphics working properly on AMD! I'm looking forward to installing this on my machine, but it's been a while since I last installed a Hackintosh. I'm a bit lost in all this new information... Would any of you be kind enough to help me get started? 

My system:

AMD FX-8350

Asrock 970 Extreme4

Asus GTX580 1536mb

8gb DDR3 1600MHz

thanks for your nice work!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

It is normal that if I boot with GraphicsEnabler = Yes-v .......... everything is going well but I still hang on the gray screen with the big apple but the office never happens??
With GE = No it does not ...

I think most of the work has been done, but it would be even better if we solve the cache problem Sinetek has found in a way we don't need to disable it, i mean there's a reason for caching, disabling it is a solution for our graphics problem but maybe we can make cache works correctly instead of disabling it, i don't know, maybe the only way is disabling it...

oh it's definitely not disabled. you would know it otherwise, the machine runs like a pentium 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By shinho73
      Can someone help me fix reboot issue? Actually it reboots, but sometimes the hackintosh just hangs with screen off. Here is the Extra folder containing org.chameleon.boot.plist. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MX8-DpQk9kaRUfjPcToxf-ElWh-bN6EY?usp=sharing  and the spec of the PC. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NlcUNK5DBzJFxeFeuyt92eRjQqwO5T32?usp=sharing Can someone look at it? I might be doing something wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

• By shinho73
      I need a good vanilla guide for AMD A8 7600 with A58M-E FM2+ mother board and Palit GEforce GT 730. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• By Coddyx
      Hi,

I followed the AMD OSX Vanilla Guide and managed to successfully build my first hackingtosh.
      Everything works great EXCEPT for my MSI - Radeon RX 580 8 GB GAMING X.
      I ran some benchmarks (and tried World of Warcraft) and I am getting ~50% of the performance I am usually getting in Windows 10.
      Unigine Heaven reports ~950 vs 1750 in Windows and World of Warcraft runs @ 30 fps lowest settings vs 60 fps ultra settings in Windows.

Here are the kexts I am using:
      AppleALC Lilu NullCPUPowerManagement RealtekRTL811 VirtualSMC WhateverGreen  
      I should mention that this is an AMD hackingtosh running on Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor.

I read and I completely understand that I should not expect 100% performance. But I believe a 50% drop is out of the ordinary.

If anyone has ideas on what I could try to up the performance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• By vlgngrbrdmn
      Hey all,

This is my first time posting to this forum.

Here is my problem: My main issue is random freezing of my display (i.e. cannot move my mouse) and nothing being displayed after my monitors go to sleep (i.e. lock my screen, wait a few minutes, try to move mouse/type on keyboard. My displays wake up but display "no signal"). I have to reboot in order to use my Hackintosh again.

Another issue that I am experiencing is that, every time I reboot my system and login initially, my right and left vertical displays do not display correctly until I turn one of them off and back on again. It is kind of hard to describe what is wrong, but basically the dimensions of the display and the orientation (horizontal vs. vertical) is wrong, and my mouse does not display in the correct place on the screen.

Either way, after some research it looks like this all may be due to my Framebuffer being incorrect. However, I am having a hard time trying to determine whether that is the case and, if so, how to fix it.

I did manually try to add a Framebuffer ("Kamarang") into my config.plist below, however that did not seem to make a difference.

Any help with this would be much appreciated! Also, please let me know if I should upload anymore information.

Currently, My setup consists of 1 Dell U3415w and 2 Dell 2415 monitors in an "H" configuration (both 2415s setup vertically on either side of the U3415W).

This is all being powered by a SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202326) with each monitor plugged via a DisplayPort.

I am currently running the latest version of macOS Mojave, 10.14.4.

I am also using the latest version of the Clover boot loader (4920) with the following kexts located in kexts\Other:
      AppleALC.kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext Lilu.kext USBInjectAll.kext VegaTab_64.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext My config.plist file contains the following:
      ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>#DisableDrivers</key> <array> <string>CsmVideoDxe</string> <string>VBoxExt4</string> </array> <key>ACPI</key> <dict> <key>DSDT</key> <dict> <key>Fixes</key> <dict> <key>FixHPET</key> <true/> <key>FixIPIC</key> <true/> <key>FixRTC</key> <true/> <key>FixShutdown</key> <true/> <key>FixTMR</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Patches</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change XHCI to XHC</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> WEhDSQ== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> WEhDXw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change XHC1 to XHC</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> WEhDMQ== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> WEhDXw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change SAT0 to SATA</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> U0FUMA== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> U0FUQQ== </data> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>DropTables</key> <array> <dict> <key>Signature</key> <string>DMAR</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Signature</key> <string>MATS</string> </dict> </array> <key>FixHeaders</key> <true/> <key>SSDT</key> <dict> <key>Generate</key> <dict> <key>PluginType</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </dict> <key>Boot</key> <dict> <key>Arguments</key> <string>keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 shikigva=40</string> <key>DefaultVolume</key> <string>LastBootedVolume</string> <key>Timeout</key> <integer>5</integer> </dict> <key>BootGraphics</key> <dict> <key>#DefaultBackgroundColor</key> <string>0xF0F0F0</string> <key>EFILoginHiDPI</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>UIScale</key> <integer>1</integer> </dict> <key>CPU</key> <dict> <key>#BusSpeedkHz</key> <integer>133330</integer> <key>#FrequencyMHz</key> <integer>3140</integer> <key>#HWPEnable</key> <true/> <key>#HWPValue</key> <string>0x30002a01</string> <key>#QPI</key> <integer>4800</integer> <key>#SavingMode</key> <integer>7</integer> <key>#TDP</key> <integer>95</integer> <key>#TurboDisable</key> <true/> <key>#Type</key> <string>0x0201</string> <key>#UseARTFrequency</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Devices</key> <dict> <key>Audio</key> <dict> <key>Inject</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>ResetHDA</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Properties</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> AAASGQ== </data> <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key> <data> AAAwAQ== </data> </dict> </dict> <key>USB</key> <dict> <key>FixOwnership</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> <key>GUI</key> <dict> <key>Hide</key> <array> <string>PREBOOT</string> </array> <key>Scan</key> <dict> <key>Entries</key> <true/> <key>Linux</key> <true/> <key>Tool</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> <key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>FBName</key> <string>Kamarang</string> <key>Inject</key> <dict> <key>ATI</key> <false/> <key>Intel</key> <false/> <key>NVidia</key> <false/> </dict> <key>RadeonDeInit</key> <true/> </dict> <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> <dict> <key>KernelPm</key> <true/> <key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g710////EA== </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.12.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g710////Gw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (RehabMan)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g32IDw+DpwQAAA== </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.13.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g32ID5CQkJCQkA== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (PMHeart)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <true/> <key>Find</key> <data> g/sPD4MDBQAA </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14.0</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g/sPkJCQkJCQ </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (Ricky)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g/sPD4OPBAAA </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g/sPkJCQkJCQ </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>External Icons Patch</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> RXh0ZXJuYWw= </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> SW50ZXJuYWw= </data> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>RtVariables</key> <dict> <key>BooterConfig</key> <string>0x28</string> <key>CsrActiveConfig</key> <string>0x67</string> <key>MLB</key> <string>C02601270QXGPF7FB</string> <key>ROM</key> <string>UseMacAddr0</string> </dict> <key>SMBIOS</key> <dict> <key>BoardSerialNumber</key> <string>C02601270QXGPF7FB</string> <key>ProductName</key> <string>iMac17,1</string> <key>SerialNumber</key> <string>C02R2HZDGG7L</string> <key>SmUUID</key> <string>91E0E343-A938-4117-BBC7-234EA3ED265E</string> </dict> <key>SystemParameters</key> <dict> <key>InjectKexts</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>InjectSystemID</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </plist> Also, for what it is worth, sleep is disabled on my system:

Again, thank you all for taking time out of your day to help a fellow hackintosher out!