Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

A few issues with GA M55 S3G PLUS installation

2 posts in this topic

I have a Hackintosh using the only distro (Zepheroth Rev.2) that will work with my board and graphics card.

My Issues:

I would like my graphics card ( eVGA GTS 250 512MB) card to work full under 10.5.2 so I tryed installing NVEnabler , NVInject but no change unless I manually open the .plist file and type

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

ok . So I do more and more research and people are saying manually update the DSDT.aml.

I do that and change everything compile it and it gives 0Errors. Then I place it at "/" and reboot....

After reboot I pull the DSDT.aml again and it didn't update it with the one I put in "/" .

For some strange reason I have an older monitor and the card will go to 1680x???? when I type in the EFI String.

The monitor I want it to work on is an LG FLATRON W2361V and it will only change to 1280x1024 when I do the EFI String.

I just did some advice ... what is it that I am missing? :wallbash:

Update I was able to get three different cards working under SL but they had the same issues so I got three different AMD Motherboards and that didn't fix the issue either.

The issue after I got the cards installed were Laggy Interface and Mouse that Jumps all around the screen when you barely move the thing.

I now have Dual Core Intel machine and that problem never cropped up ! Running SL 10.6.7

Graphics Cards : 8800gt , GTS 250 , 7950gt and for kicks I tried 8400gs

Motherboards I tryed each card on.

EP-9NPA + Ultra amd athlon x2 4200 laggy mouse and display issue

Gigabyte GA-M55 Plus athlon x2 5600+laggy mouse and display issue

MSI 890FXA-GD65 phenom x6 1090Tlaggy mouse and display issue