Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kourbou

GeForce 7400 Go with Mountain Lion

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was wondering If anyone had found a kext that worked with the GeForce 7400 Go. I found several but none were allowing to change the resolution or activating the QE/CI. So if anyone got it working with an EFI string or without please tell me how you did it because I am really close to get Mountain Lion working on my Vaio VGN-SZ.

Thanks,

-kourbou

Advertisement

Don't think so I was using it on 64 BIT on my Windows installation. I think there is probably a DSDT patch for it. Just can't find it. Anybody?

Geforce Go 7400 are a no go in OS X... I've tried a lot of things before on Vaio but it none worked. Can't see anything else working on Mountain Lion...

Hey,

I think i just found out how to do it. I am going to try to use an Nvidia Injector (NVNATIT) and add an EFI string to that. That should do the trick to at least get the full resolution. Not sure if its gonna work for QE/CI but its worth a try i guess... :hammer: And if it doesn't work i will try changing try to patch my DSDT for it. Well il guess ill see. :star_sunglasses:

There is no 32bit anything in OS X Mountain Lion.

Your card will work in windows as Nvidia have 64 bit drivers for it, but only under Windows.

DSDT edit cannot enable hardware.

No 32bit kext will work in ML, the best you can do is force a resolution using chameleon.

Thanks for your help but since I am kinda new could I please get help with the force resolution? Not really sure how to do it. I tried adding the Graphics Resolution but it didn't work. I think it might work with an EFI string. So can someone help. Thanks.

After googling a bit I found this. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=267862 Apparently he even got the QE/CI working so is this only working on his PC or could it maybe mean it might work... I just really want to know because most Video Software and Games use QE/CI. Thanks.

-kourbou

OOOOOHHH. Ok thanks for the info. So it seem that i will not get it working on Mountain Lion... :wallbash: I will try to get a custom computer thats gonna work. See ya.

-Kourbou

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bobso
      hi I have this build:

- AMD Athlon X4 631
      - ASRock A75M-HVS (link)
      - AMD HD 6670
      - 8GB DDR3
      - 250GB HDD

Which version of MacOS can I install?
      Which kernel?
    • By x_sirius
      Hi, I would like to know if you can help, I have a problem with my old system, I have tried to install High Sierra, but I have not managed to make the acceleration of graphics work on my video card NVidia Geforce 9400 GT, eh intendo a lot of methods without Any success, the system recognizes my card and all its data correctly but the acceleration of graphics does not work, this problem is due to install a processor Xeon e5450 3.0ghz Mod 771 to 775 LGA, since installing this peocesador the graphics stopped working and what appeared was a glitch on the screen that shows absolutely nothing, to enter the system I had to enter with bootflags nv_disable = 1 in clover configurator, I have managed to see in other post information to this problem and say that it has been solved with the bootflag npci = 0x2000 and npci = 0x3000 to solve the Glitch on the video card, in my case the boot system is restarted, after a lot of frustration for wanting to start with the graphics, delete all the kexts of graphics cards ATI, Nvidia, from the folder System \ library \ Extensions \ and success !! .... the glitch of the graphic card disappeared completely, the problem of the glitch on the screen was generated by the kexts nvidia, now I can start with Inject Nvidia, but e peoblema is that now the graphics do not work with acceleration, I do not know what to do with this peoblema, my motherboard is Intel DG41TY. another person suggested modifying my dsdt.alm but I could not compile the code provided to me, I get an error in DSDTSE. please maybe you can help me with this problem. I will leave you the link where is the information to compile the code of my nvidia geforce 9400 to my dsdt.alm...... I am the user X_SIRIUS https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-9400gt-on-sierra-not-works-ok-kernel-panic-nvdastartup-kext.206208/page-2#post-1793409 

I'm trying to install the code in the dsdt.alm I copy the respective code to my Geforce 9400 GT 1024MB nvidia card.

But when I want to compile the file, the DSDTSE program tells me that I have 1 error, 3 warnings, 1 remarks, 49 optimizations.

I try to find the file dsdt.alm that the program saved and I can not find it.

My Motherboard is Intel DG41TY.

here I will upload my dsdt of my current mother card, maybe you can help me compile the code without errors, please

This is my DSDT from my Motherboard Intel DG41TY acpi_dsdt.aml

And This Is The Code text DSDT for Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT 1024MB
      Device (PEGP) { Name (_ADR, 0x00010000) // _ADR: Address Device (GFX0) { Name (_ADR, Zero) // _ADR: Address Name (_SUN, One) // _SUN: Slot User Number Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method { Store (Package (0x1C) { "@0,compatible", Buffer (0x0B) { "NVDA,NVMac" }, "@0,device_type", Buffer (0x08) { "display" }, "@0,display-cfg", Buffer (0x08) { 0x03, 0x01, 0x03, 0x00 }, "@0,name", Buffer (0x0F) { "NVDA,Display-A" }, "@1,compatible", Buffer (0x0B) { "NVDA,NVMac" }, "@1,device_type", Buffer (0x08) { "display" }, "@1,display-cfg", Buffer (0x08) { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01 }, "@1,name", Buffer (0x0F) { "NVDA,Display-B" }, "NVCAP", Buffer (0x14) { /* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, /* 0008 */ 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, /* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }, "NVPM", Buffer (0x1C) { /* 0000 */ 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, /* 0008 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, /* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, /* 0018 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }, "VRAM,totalsize", Buffer (0x04) { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40 }, "device_type", Buffer (0x0D) { "NVDA,Parent" }, "model", Buffer (0x17) { "NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT" }, "rom-revision", Buffer (0x25) { "NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT OpenGL Engine" } }, Local0) DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) Return (Local0) } } } https://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/advanced-dsdt-fixes-nvidia-graphics.html
      this is the procedure to follow, but I can not compile the code to my DSDT, please be eternally grateful if someone can help me with this, because I get errors in the DSDTSE editor, I attach an image of the errors that the Program. 

And this is the Glitch, kexts Nvidia error whit Xeon E5450..

• By moman2000
      Hi,

Here it is (attached) for anyone who needs it for patching or restoring!

Taken from macOS 10.14 Beta 1 18A293u

Regards,
      Mohamed
      AppleHDA_282.5.kext.zip
    • By Abz79
      up guys,
      I've been hockintoshing for a long while, since Leopard to be exact and last week I replaced my Nvidia 9600GT with a brand new 1050 Ti...
      I have a Lion and El Capitan both were running fine before the 1050 Ti arrived, I read that my new Geforce needs new drivers that are readily supported by Sierra and High sierra.
      So I deleted Capitano and installed High Sierra 10.13 using Niresh distro. All went well and smooth and all my hardware was recognized the only problem left is this:
      My Nvidia driver "WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.121" installs well with SIP enabled (aka 0x0 with clover) and after reboot the system is perfect with Nvidia web driver running fine
      However after rebooting the Default slow OSX graphics driver is loaded and stays that way until I resinstall the web driver....

It's very annoying, I just can't make it work, I've been reading posts and tutorials for more that a week, nothing works, help is needed

Things I've tried already:
      1. Boot using different clover revisions as old as 3911 and as new as 3509 (the latest)
      2. Tried with clover in the EFI partion and/or Boot partition
      3. Tried using different combos of nvda_drv,, nvidia webdriver, inject stuff (all possible combos in boot and graphics settings)
      4. Tried all available kext (Lilu, Nvidia fixup, Nvidiaegpusupport, NVlibvalfix..) single and combos - in clover kext folder and L/E folder
      5. Tried all different NVram recommendation - problem persisted even when nvram.plist is present or not
      6. Tried running the postscripts from the driver installer pkg
      7. Tried installing the driver via webdriver.sh
      8. Fixing permissions and what not
      And maybe other stuff that I forgot

Things to note:
      When the graphics web driver loads fine KCPM kext utility works fine too but when the default driver is loaded KPCM warns that B0 and B1 SIP options are not enabled even though they are when I test csrutil status
      So I'm somehow thinking of a bug in Clover not applying the SIP restrictions correctly
      I don't know what happens when the driver is reinstalled that makes it work after reboot for 1 time only (I've went through all the pre post scripts in the installer and didn't find anything magical)

It seems nothings works except reinstalling the driver - nothing else matters
      I'm almost pulling my hair - haven't faced such a problem since a very long time
      Any advice is greatly appreciated

Abz