DoiX

7 posts in this topic

It's a simple app that creates for the user a PC bootable OS X Image. It's probably been done before but since i made it for the users in the L502x thread i figured i could just as well release it to the whole public.

What it does step by step:

Prompts the user to select a retail image and a place to save the new one. Then starts copying the packages into the proper locations and even downloads and installs FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, ApplePS2Controller/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and Enoch bootloader. (yep, another lazy-o app)

All that's left for the user to do is restore it to a thumb drive/sd-card/partition or burn it on a Dual Layer DVD (the created image is around 5gb)

If someone knows how to remove the unnecessary packages without breaking the OSInstall please PM so i can update the script. A single layer DVD size image is better than a dual one.

It's compatible with any unmodified OS X Retail Image as long as there's a BaseSystem.dmg inside the InstallESD.dmg.

The kexts and boot loader are downloaded from my server into /tmp folder then deleted when it's done using them.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve, please don't hesitate to share them.

Osx86 RetailDisk KitGen v1.1 General.zip

When in doubt, check for yourself the zip that gets downloaded: resourcesgen.zip

Oh i forgot: It's using the ASObjC Runner for the "progress" bar. So all credits go to http://www.macosxaut...pps/runner.html for it!

Edited by DoiX
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Click on the finder window to see if some other window popped up. In phase 4 it's downloading a 5.1mb package containing the necessary kexts unzips it and installs them in the image, this requires you to input the password. You probably didn't see the window.

Hmm, interesting. The only thing that pops in my mind at this hour is that maybe you're lacking the /tmp folder in your root partition. I made the script assuming the existence of that folder... it's where the stuff get downloaded and used. Try creating the folder manually "tmp" in the root partition / then use the app again.

I'll try to assist you more tomorrow if it still persists, at the moment i'm exhausted.

• 4 months later...

I am also experiancing this same problem. The folder is there and if i run your app again it will give an overriding YES NO ALL warning in text. So basicly it does download and place the files in the tmp folder. It will have packages.zip and a folder packages in there. But either way i cant continue cause it will ask for the Growl Helper app and if i cancel its stuck. Could you help with doing the steps manually instead of the app?