Saphire Radeon HD 4850

Nolira

10 posts in this topic

Thanks, but it didn't work :(

I still can't change the resolution and the glitches have not disappeared.

But now "System Report" does not say "Not loaded kexts", but the memory size specified the same: 3 MB instead of 512.

Im having the same problem as Nolira, and using "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" freezes the system at boot. Checked the verbose mode and it just freezes at random line, no signs of error or graphics related. Disabling GraphicsEnabler makes the system to boot, but the card still unrecognized and kexts unloaded...

I am not sure which brand of Radeon 4850 I have, but what I did to get it working was went to /System/Library/Extensions/ATI4800Controller.kext. I right clicked and went to show package contents. I then went to the contents folder and then opened info.plist. I added the device ID from my card. After saving the kext and rebooting I can select my resolution. I am using Mountain Lion that I downloaded from the app store. I have an Asus P6T Deluxe.

I've been looking for a workaround, and found out that after deleting any kext with "ATI" or "AMD" from /S/L/Extensions and /Extra plus deleting the DSDT file, the system still does not boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", justs hangs during the grey apple and rotating circle, or in verbose mode, no KP or errors...

• 2 weeks later...

YES!, I'm so excited finally getting this card working on OS X Mountain Lion, now running at 1080p with Quartz Extreme and Core Image.

The funny thing is that I was just a pair of lines away from making it work.

The procedure was this:

- Installed OS X ML using Kakewalk, just make sure to use Chameleon bootloader.

- Replace ATI4800Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext with the Exotic ones from here: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2900

- Edit org.chameleon.boot.plist adding the following lines:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Motmot</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

-Reboot and should boot at native screen resolution working.

Hope it works for you!

• 4 months later...