Can't boot ML

7 posts in this topic

I'm running lion, with a DSDT, minimum kexts, etc, as in, perfectly. However, I can't boot into ML, no matter what method: I've tried using my Lion extras folder (with an updated chameleon, r2012), a "bootable DVD", ######, a seperate partition, a usb drive, a boot cd + usb/partition/ML dvd, starting all over from scratch, dsdt, no dsdt, null cpu.kext, setting cpu cores to =1 in BIOS, w/ overclock, without overclock... you get the picture.

I have no KP or anything to go on, just a straight reboot after loading kexts (with -f ) or after loading .mkext, or nothing (usekernelcache=yes). It's the same with every method, so I'm guessing it's not related to a mistake on my part (i.e. I even downloaded a whole bootable dvd and tried that, same thing). I also checked my BIOS settings, nothing new there...

My rig details are in sig (I have an SSD now, but that shouldn't be a problem...)

I'm running lion, with a DSDT, minimum kexts, etc, as in, perfectly. However, I can't boot into ML, no matter what method: I've tried using my Lion extras folder (with an updated chameleon, r2012), a "bootable DVD", ######, a seperate partition, a usb drive, a boot cd + usb/partition/ML dvd, starting all over from scratch, dsdt, no dsdt, null cpu.kext, setting cpu cores to =1 in BIOS, w/ overclock, without overclock... you get the picture.

I have no KP or anything to go on, just a straight reboot after loading kexts (with -f ) or after loading .mkext, or nothing (usekernelcache=yes). It's the same with every method, so I'm guessing it's not related to a mistake on my part (i.e. I even downloaded a whole bootable dvd and tried that, same thing). I also checked my BIOS settings, nothing new there...

My rig details are in sig (I have an SSD now, but that shouldn't be a problem...)

-v -F GrapgicsEnabler=No

Greetings!

I had the exact same problem for a while. The way it was fixed for me was by a reinstall of Chameleon. In fact, it has happened more than once to me and it was always fixed by Chameleon reinstall. So, make sure you have the right Bios settings and your custom kexts are only the needed ones using Lion as your guide. Then reinstall Chameleon to the right partition using Chameleon Wizard and it will work.

Greetings!

I had the exact same problem for a while. The way it was fixed for me was by a reinstall of Chameleon. In fact, it has happened more than once to me and it was always fixed by Chameleon reinstall. So, make sure you have the right Bios settings and your custom kexts are only the needed ones using Lion as your guide. Then reinstall Chameleon to the right partition using Chameleon Wizard and it will work.

my chameleon used that worked was 2.1 r2035