Asus x58 & ML = installation problem

11 posts in this topic

Hi!

New big cat – old problems. I just tried to install ML on my Asus x58 P6T-Deluxe MB and loading from usb hangs before actual installer screen.

I've tried PCIRootUID with no luck. Also I use "-v" and what I saw is quite similar to old 10.7.4 + x58 problem – hanging on the IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors.

With 10.7.4 the solution to this problem is AppleACPIPlatform Rollback but I don't know how to apply it to ML install.

My specs:

Asus x58 P6T-Deluxe MB

Core i7 - 920

GeForce GTX 260

I used ###### to create a USB-stick to install with.

boot using -x -v -f so you are not loading the cached version still. Although it will hang for a few minutes, never heard of a computer going to sleep without having a OS even loaded yet so maybe I'm confused by your original post. Is it hanglng with a blank black screen or at IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors.? If a black screen and no text, are you booting verbose and is this after all the text has gone by like, DMOS Arrived, PCI configuration, macx_swapon SUCCESS, etc.?

May bad english gives me problems:(

I try to describe my situation in other words.

I have Lion (10.7.4) installed and everything works well. I want to install Mountain Lion (10.8) and to do so I've downloaded a installation usb-stick creation utility (this utility name banned on this forum I don't know why).

With help of this utility I made a installation usb-stick. (btw I install Lion same way and everything works great).

When I boot from this USB flash drive to install OS X 10.8 I see:

black screen - apple with spinnig circle - monitor goes in sleep mode.

If I boot from this USB flash drive verbose mode it hangs at

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors. and after 30-40 seconds some lines of the text

flashing very quickly and then monitor goes in sleep mode.

For me it looks quite similar to old 10.7.4 problem but I'm most likely wrong.

I've recorded a short video that shows this problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwejTMd498I

Sorry for music I don't know how to remove audio in youtube editor.

I have a Asus P6T (vanilla), I've tried to install ML using the same method that you have described and it was unsuccessful until I found this thread ( http://translate.goo...wtopic%3D276216 ) and followed all the instructions. Finally it installed and works well. You need to install FakeSMC, LAN, audio and Chameleon after the installation. Make sure the Moutain-Lionize folder is in your desktop otherwise you will get error when try to run the script.

Hope this will help you.

OK, you have 2 problems, the hang at

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors. is annoying, but is not stopping you from booting and installing. For now don't even worry about it and you can fix it with the kext I linked on your final installation. You have a graphics card problem right now. System is booted but you can't see it. Since tot318 has the same Graphics Card as you and I don't, that's your best bet

tot318 thanks for your reply it was really helpful. Following your method now I can boot from my flash drive and then install 10.8

But after installation system does not boot nor from hdd or usb. I get the apple logo and spinnig circle. I'm not at home now and I can't provide a photo of verbose boot yet.

Maybe you can say what I did wrong.

1. I've followed all steps provided in given guide.

2. For model I've selected mac pro 5.1 (as I did in my 10.7.4)