• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zeg66
      Please help me with this 10.9.5 system. Motherboard: Gigabyte 965p-s3 rev3.3, gpu: Ati Radeon HD6450 (dvi/hdmi/vga). 
      Using any of the 3 ports on the 6450 (dvi, hdmi, vga), I see all the white letters on black background during boot but when they complete and it's time for the graphics to start I get a black screen and sometimes a restart after that. Using Clover 4411. Is there any way to get past this?
    • By Soeren_DK
      Hi there.
      I'm new to this site but not totally new to hack. I've had a hack since 10.4 and the latest version I ran was 10.9, not totally fixed but it worked to what I needed. Now I want to make the machine run as good as it can. I can see there has been a lot of changes/upgrades/new solutions since I installed my hack and I have a hard time to catch up.  
      I've been able to boot and install macOSX and now I need the POST installation.
      I tried to install the clover EFI boot loader with these settings:

and found the DSDT.aml and SSDT-0.aml from HERE
      found the apfs.efi
      and placed it in EFI -> EFI -> CLOVER -> driver64
      and these kext in here:

But when I boot it up this is the first bootscreen I have. No partions, no mouse control, no nothing.

if I exit clover this screen appear.

and now everything works. 

What is wrong?
      Cheers
      Soren
    • By TheBloke
      Hi all

I currently use an NVidia 760 with four displays: 1 x 4K; 2 x 1920x1200; 1 x 1920x1080.   This mostly works, but I am considering replacing it with an AMD GPU - likely a Radeon 7970 - for two reasons:
      I would like to add a fifth monitor, maybe even a sixth; I get small stutters and slowdowns with my NVidia, using both Native and NVidiaWeb drivers.  It is a lot better than it was with my NVidia 980Ti, but it's still not perfectly smooth as it should be, especially when I have a full screen video playing while also doing UI movements like Swipe Left A Space or Mission Control.  
      I have just been told that it should be possible to access all display outputs on an AMD 79XX GPU, possibly requiring a custom SSDT and/or radeonDeInit?  I've only ever had one AMD GPU and that was 8 years ago so I am not experienced with them.  My NVidia 980Ti has five outputs, but can only use four at once.  But I believe AMD's EyeFinity does allow it to use them all as separate displays.

Before I buy the GPU, I'd be most grateful if anyone could confirm that it should be possible to run five or six simultaneous displays on a card such as the ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II (6 x DP outputs) or XFX AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 x mini-DP; 1 x HDMI; 2 x DVI).  With one display being 4K @ 60fps and the rest 1920x1200 or 1080P.

I have Googled on this a while but haven't yet found anyone discussing connecting more than four monitors to an AMD Hack  I did see that the late-2013 Mac Pro (which uses 2 x AMD FirePro GPUs) states it can support "up to 6 Thunderbolt displays".  So I know the OS can do it, it's just a question of whether a particular GPU can, and in a Hack setup.

Thanks very much

TB
    • By Unklemac_PC
      Hi Insanlymac’ers.

I have a super deal on a WX9100 Radeon Pro Vega, but I only have 12 hours to repond, or it’s gone.

Is this card able to run in High Sierra and take advantage of all 16GB ram?

Thanks in advance!