Looking for a New Cheap Laptop that Can Sleep

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I am currently in the market for a new laptop and am intent on getting one that will make a good Hackintosh. (by the time I get it, i'll probably put Mountain Lion on it) I am looking for something within the sub-$500 price range, and having sleep working is a must for me.

Currently, I have found this laptop in the wiki that looks like a viable option.

The HP MacProBook 4530s, featuring:

Intel Core i3-2350M

Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Comments please? As long as QE/CI works at full resolution, I'll probably be happy. The wiki says "Can be finicky, but it works with full resolution.")

Ralink RT3592 Wireless Card (It looks like I might have to swap it out for an AR5B195, but that's no big deal.

4 GBs of 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

Last but not least: According to the wiki, SLEEP WORKS!

Lots of other details that I won't bother putting here...

I also saw the Dell Latitude e6400, but I think that it might be a bit too old at this point.

If anyone has any comments about the model or hopefully more models for me to consider, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-instant idiot

Yes it is just the smaller version. Sleep works perfectly but bluetooth stops working after waking up. Do a google search and you will find a great guide plus installer that makes it really easy to set everything up.

• 2 weeks later...