Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I am currently in the market for a new laptop and am intent on getting one that will make a good Hackintosh. (by the time I get it, i'll probably put Mountain Lion on it) I am looking for something within the sub-$500 price range, and having sleep working is a must for me.

Currently, I have found this laptop in the wiki that looks like a viable option.

The HP MacProBook 4530s, featuring:

Intel Core i3-2350M

Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Comments please? As long as QE/CI works at full resolution, I'll probably be happy. The wiki says "Can be finicky, but it works with full resolution.")

Ralink RT3592 Wireless Card (It looks like I might have to swap it out for an AR5B195, but that's no big deal.

4 GBs of 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

Last but not least: According to the wiki, SLEEP WORKS!

Lots of other details that I won't bother putting here...

I also saw the Dell Latitude e6400, but I think that it might be a bit too old at this point.

If anyone has any comments about the model or hopefully more models for me to consider, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-instant idiot

Yes it is just the smaller version. Sleep works perfectly but bluetooth stops working after waking up. Do a google search and you will find a great guide plus installer that makes it really easy to set everything up.