Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.
TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac.
- Simple-to-use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process.
- It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers).
- You can use any erasable volume that is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will re-format it accordingly).
- Can work with the Mac OS recovery system, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery partition, and you can use TINU to install macOS, too.
- 100% clean: The bootable macOS installers created with this tool are vanilla, just as if you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in Terminal.
- Open Source: You can verify what this program does on your computer and you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code.
- Does not require any special preparations. Just open the program, make sure you have a USB drive plugged in and have a macOS installer app on your disk.
- No need to use Disk Utility. TINU can format your drive or partition for you.
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool.
- Uses recent, modern, APIs and SDKs and the Swift 3 language.
- Transparent graphics style available (type alt-S or choose from the menu bar: View -> Use transparent style).
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without requiring an update.
- Offers advanced features to customize your bootable macOS installer.
Features that are planned for future versions:
- Install and configure [Clover](https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/).
- Install kexts into Clover's kexts folder.
- Clover drivers customization
- Use custom DSDT in Clover
- Integrated pre-made Clover config templates database from a remote and open repository.
- Support for other languages, at least Italian.
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer).
- A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer.
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive on your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media).
Frequently asked questions:
Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
Post on Reddit:
Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
Contact me (project creator):
- Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
- I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
- I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
- This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
- This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.
- Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
- People that helped me a lot:
Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Peter Paul Chato.
- Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
- Thomas Tempelmann for help with the UI
- Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project
I'm currently working on a new version of INSTAHackintosh.
This will enable user to make fully customisable Recovery, Installer and Installed.
This is taking a completely different approach, no createmedia/startosinstall blah blah blah.
Mojave installed to MBR/HFS no patch needed.
You will be able to add kexts to the Installer as well as some Apps.
You can do the same with the Recovery and Installed.
Will be able to make a USB/ISO or Install straight to HD.
Usage: Example: To HD from Mojave
Install High Sierra 10.13.6 to HD
Install SecUpd2018-003HighSierra.pkg to HD
Install NVIDIA Web Driver 3126.96.36.199.40.113.pkg to HD
Install Applications to HD
Install Kexts to HD
Reboot to HD, Fully Updated with working video
Will post a beta version ( HD only ) when it is done
would anybody happen to have an old version of my INSTAHackintosh?
I've lost all my copies.
No sense re-inventing the wheel.
This is a preliminary Mac OS driver installer for laptop HP Pavilion G6-2209SS with support for dual boot Bootloader. Maybe it can be installed on other HP Pavillion G6 series laptops, but in some cases additional fixes will have to be made.
I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.
I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!
CPU : OK Intel Core i3-2370MAUDIO : OK IDT 92HD87B2/4 (111d:76d9) Layer 3 & 12 (Speakers+Hearphones+LineIn+MicInt w/NoiseFilter+MicExt+HDMI)VIDEO : OK Intel HD Graphics 3000 (8086:0116) (LVDS + HDMI A/V + VGA) (VGA MacOS < 10.8.2)MEMORY : OK Intel 2nd Generation Core Proccesor DRAM Controller (8086:0104) (Dual Channel DDR3 Up To 16GB)SATA : OK Intel 7 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller (8086:1e03) (ACHI Mode)DVD : OK (Read & Write)USB 2.0 : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhaced Host Controller (8086:1e26 & 8086:1e2d)USB 3.0 : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (08086:1e31)WEBCAM : OK HP TrueVision HD (SuYin) (064e:e263) [USB 2.0]KEYBOARD : OK PS/2TRACKPAD : OK PS/2 SynapticsLAN : OK Realtek RTL8501E Fast/Gigabyte Ethernet Controller PCI Express (10ec:103c) *AIRPORT : KO MediaTek RT3290 PCI Express (1814:3290) (Not Supported)BLUETOOTH : KO MediaTek RT3290 PCI Express (1814:3298) (Not Supported)CREADER : OK Realtek RTS5229 PCI Express (10ec:5229) (10.12.5+) ***ACPI BAT : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI PWR : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI RST : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI SLP : OK (Chameleon & Clover) **ACPI WAK : OK (Chameleon & Clover) **HIBERNATE : OK (Only Clover Bootloader w/Hibernatemode: 0, 21 & 29)IMESSAGE : OK (Chameleon & Clover)FACETIME : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ICLOUD : OK (Chameleon & Clover)APPSTORE : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ITUNES : OK (A/V DRM Content & Sync iPod/iPhone)SIRI : OKCMOS : OKRTC : OKLPC : OK Intel HM76 Express LPC Controller (8086:1e44)SMBUS : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Controller (8086:1e22)IMEI : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family MEI Controller (8086:131a)GPT PART. : OK (Chameleon & Clover) (10.13+ APFS Not Tested)MBR PART. : Not Tested
- AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT. *
- AppleRTL8169Ethernet: only work to 10Mbits. *
- You can't wake up the system when the laptop uses the battery and the system disk is a USB hard drive. **
- You can't wake up the system from PS/2 Keyboard/Trackpad. **
- The Wifi MediaTek RT3290 (1814:3290) device are not supported.
- The Bluetooth MediaTek RT3290 (1814:3298) device are not supported.
- The PCIe CardReader Realtek RTS5229 (10ec:5229) device are not supported. *** (10.12.5-)
- Stop working when sleep with inserted card. *** (10.12.5+)
- Create unified installer for all Mac OS versions
- Manual: How To Install Wifi Card Blacklisted In HP UEFI BIOS
- Manual: How To Install OSX Without Destroying Windows 8.x Partition
I have a bootable clover usb stick and it goes through the first part of the install to a fresh SSD...then on the first reboot Mojave tells me that the installer resources cannot be found....does anyone know what this means
Thanks very much,
How to create a macOS Installer which doesn't need bootloader kext injection (FakeSMC in pre-linked kernel), bypass High Sierra firmware and MBR checkBy fusion71au
This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.
It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :
Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.
Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”
1. Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
2. Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....
sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3. Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”
4. Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”
5. Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist. NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages
6. Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel
7. Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.
8. Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..
sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.
9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume
10. Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....
The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts. In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:
1. Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
2. Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
4. Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel. In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume. This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!
The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners
Updates for Sierra and High Sierra Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan. Instructions: 1. Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder. 2. Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3. Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem 4. Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop. macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)