PS2 works with GRUB, not chameleon

2 posts in this topic

So here's a fun little problem I'm having: I multiboot with several other systems, and of course I've been using GRUB for a long time. Now, GRUB is able to boot OS X directly, which is nice, but it has it's limitations. Chameleon, the default bootloader for hackintoshes, is able to chainload GRUB, and GRUB is able to chainload chameleon, it's all very impressive, but one thing impresses me more about GRUB, namely that it is able to make the buttons on my trackpad work. In other words, when I chainload into chameleon and boot OS X 10.6.6, neither my keyboard nor my mouse buttons work at all!

What's even worse is that my trackpad reacts just fine to input, I can move my pointer around, but even that doesn't seem to interact with anything, the dock doesn't pop up when I hover over it. I've burned through several VoodooPS2 kexts and the Apple kexts, but the ones that worked all ceased to function when I booted through chameleon.

I would just continue to boot via GRUB, but I'm stuck at 800x600 resolution here, and I kinda want to be booting from chameleon before I take any more cracks at fixing that, just in case I have to work with DSDT files, which GRUB cannot load. Also GRUB forces verbose boot, and I want OS X largely because it's pretty, I get my verbosity fix from Arch linux.

Oh, and this is a Samsung N210, which has an intel N450 motherboard, trackpad vendor unknown.