Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoubleDroz

ASUS P5Q almost perfect... I think? DVD and USB Help

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I had some oldish hardware lying around and have installed 10.7.4 Lion through the myHack USB installer. It was pretty painless. I then attempted to make some things work - ethernet, sound, etc. All fine with the right kexts. It was then that I'd discovered DSDT editing, and got quite excited.

I was hoping that It'd fix some of my problems, and I'm pretty sure it did - I got the DSDT editor, downloaded some patches and applied them. BOOM! Sleep started working when I pressed the Sleep button. Not only that, but it would *wake up* from sleep at the press of a mouse button. Sound was fine, video was fine, using the built in eSATA ports was fine, USB was fine...

There are only 2.1 issues left.

1. When I power the machine off, the light on my USB keyboard is still on. This light is *not* on when I send the computer to sleep manually.

2. The DVD drive I had in there originally (an ASUS DRW 2014l1t) would behave strangely most of the time - pressing the eject button would fling the tray open at a great speed, and then refuse to close.

... and the .1 of an issue, is that I'm not entirely sure which patches I've applied anymore, and which ones I should still apply - I'm not entirely sure how pimped my DSDT is.

Accompanying this is a question - does anyone think that I can get my DVD drive to not be such a {censored} with an edited DSDT? Is there a way to get the USB keyboard and mouse lights to switch off once I shutdown the computer?

Also, I'm reasonably confident that I've enabled the right C and P states for my CPU to step - but how do I tell If it does?

Cheers for any input at all guys! I'll chuck in some files on request...

Board: ASUS P5Q

CPU Intel E7300

Lion 10.7.4

Advertisement

Hi ddroz I also have asus p5q (vanilla version) with bios 2209 and yosemite/clover. Can you please help me with the sleep issue? Thank you so much,

F

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By yehia2amer
      Problem:
      When I Attempt to wake my Machine from sleep, the screen stays black, although the computer is obviously awake !
      This Machine has a 1300W Power Supply So Sleep is Very Useful.

I Tried:
      1) FIX_WAK and FixShutdown as per Clover Wiki.
      2) Although I am using "SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5", which Should be completely Supported by Mojave, I Also changed the Part Number to "113-4E353BU-O4E" as per this Guide: http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/archives/feb18/RadeonRX-580_MacPro.html. The GPU is working GREAT without even Clover Inject
      3) Tried to Run this command: disablehibernate.command.zip
      4) Tried darkwake=0 to 10
      5) Disabled wake on USB & Wake on LAN (BIOS)

Logs:
      sudo pmset -g
      System-wide power settings: Currently in use: hibernatemode 0 disksleep 10 womp 0 networkoversleep 0 sleep 0 Sleep On Power Button 1 ttyskeepawake 1 hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage autorestart 0 gpuswitch 2 displaysleep 10 pmset -g assertions
      2019-02-19 18:51:04 +0200 Assertion status system-wide: BackgroundTask 1 ApplePushServiceTask 0 UserIsActive 1 PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0 PreventSystemSleep 0 ExternalMedia 1 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0 NetworkClientActive 0 Listed by owning process: pid 56(powerd): [0x0000001700088000] 00:13:44 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted" pid 100(hidd): [0x00000025000980a7] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968578.17" Timeout will fire in 600 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease pid 200(mds_stores): [0x0000034e000b8279] 00:00:00 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.metadata.mds_stores.power" Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB id=502 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 2:00 AM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d130000 owner=USB Keyboard id=503 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 2:00 AM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d120000 owner=Lenovo Optical Mouse Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler  
      Specs:
      CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors
      RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory
      GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5
      Chipset: Intel C602
      Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio
      SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4  
      Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
      Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210 
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

for more info:

Any Help will be appreciated, Thanks !

Send me Yehias-Mac-Pro.zip
    • By TheAngryYeti
      First, my build:

Asus ROG Strix H370-I mobo
      i5 8400 cpu
      32gb ddr 4 2133
      1tb samsung evo 860 ssd

Ive finally gotten to the point where the installation of HS loads to the language selection screen, but then i lose all usage of every USB port.

Im at a loss of what to do from here.

According to others, i have the proper files in the kexts/other folder as well as the drivers64UEFI folder.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do? Im getting kinda desperate as ive been at it for a week now and this is as far as ive gotten.

-Sin

• By TheAngryYeti
      So I FINALLY got my High Sierra thumb drive to boot and once I got to the language selection screen, I noticed I lost all connectivity to my keyboard and mouse.

i tried plugging in both into all of my USB ports (2.0, 3.0, 3.1) to no avail.

i made sure I had the latest USBInject kext and XHCI-Unsupported kext in the Other folder.

i also noticed whilst troubleshooting, the thumb drive will ONLY boot using Verbose and plugged into one of the 2 3.1 ports.

does anyone have ANY suggestions?? I’ve been struggling for a week now on this!!

thanks in advance

-Sin

Build: Asus ROG Strix H370-I, i5 8400, 32Gb ddr 4 2133, 1Tb Samsung EVO 860 ssd
    • By manmo71
      I am a novice in the field of Hackintosh, and this is my first post here.

I have managed to setup and install my hackintosh and it is perfectly working other than this one issue.
      I am unable to figure the exact cause of this issue. My Hackintosh is unable to go into sleep mode after the set time. This is what happens (see the attached video file).

mojavesleep.mp4  
      You can see that the screen turns off, then I see the power on the graphics card and fans turn off.
      Immediately it comes back ON and the screen TURN's ON.

I have followed various threads in several forums trying various options suggested for sleep related issue, but have been un-successful.
      If anyone is able to guide me through in resolving this issue, I would appreciate that.

I am unsure what files need to be attached for you people to help me, feel free to ask and I shall upload the necessary files.
    • By bbritton
      Hi

I am trying to create a clean DSDT for my new hackintosh.  It is all working very well and I hope this will make things even better.
      I have a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER,
      I9-9900K
      32 gb Ram
      gigabyte vega 64 OC

I extracted the DSDT and SSDT files using F4 in Clover.  I have supplied the resulting DSDT below.  THese are the four errors I get when trying to compile in MACIasl.  ALso I am using ACPI 5.1 in maciasl.

12891, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
      12900, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_CASE
      12904, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
      12913, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_CASE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

I am newbie to hackintosh so am learning as much as I can as i go.  I am not a programmer so the syntax errors I am not sure what to do with yet.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

DSDT.dsl
      DSDT.aml