Installation problems with Mountain Lion

9 posts in this topic

Whats your method for trying to install it?

If you install nullcpupowermanagement.kext it will get you past there then you can get a patched version of the ekxt which is causing you kernel panic (appleintelcpupowermanagement) guessing from the KP output.

Try booting with -v -x -f and see if you manage to get to the desktop, from there you should be able to install the kext mentioned above.

Also whats your graphics card? (That's not you problem atm I'm just curious for later)

I have tried cloning mountain lion to usb stick, i was actually able to install it, but get stuck there, actually for graphics its the 5670 card.

i tried the my hack version but cannot even get to the install.

I have tried all boot options listed with no luck.

the null cpu power management can it be installed onto the usb ??

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u377/blueman888/1e0e2b51.jpg

nullcpupowermanagement is definitely what you need to get past there.

download it (google is your friend)

then place it on your usb stick

then load the installer, open the terminal and type:

cp -rf /volumes/*name-of-usb*/nullcpupowermanagement.kext /volumes/*name-of-osx-partition*/system/library/extensions/nullcpupowermanagement.kext

(note: I'm doing this from memory so if it gives you an error let me know)

reboot and see what happens

Do you have access to another mac where you could take the drive out of your computer and use that to copy the kext to it.

Maybe i've recalled the command wrong.

Use google to find out how to copy the kext correctly

This doesn't seem specific to mountain lion, unless you install nullcpupowermanagement.kext or have a patched bios/dsdt or have a real mac you will 100% time have this panic.

PS:

Another option is to install a compatible bootloader Clover with Aptio fix seems compatible with CPU power management, and you're lucky Asus P67 is compatible ;)

See :

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2428

Good luck.