Google I/O overview

11 posts in this topic

2e10c73cad13cc0b8483e12bc554cd7f.jpeg

Google just announced Chrome coming to IOS!

This coming a few months after Chrome was released forndroid. As with iOS 6 and Mountain Lion, you are able to "Cloud sync" tabs.

With Chrome you'll be able to do that, but across all platforms and devices.

You're reading a tutorial on your computer on how to install Mac OS X 10.7. Now you have a few choices you can try to remember everything, or print it, ORR now you can open Chrome on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod.

Download it here http://itunes.apple....d535886823?mt=8

ds_illustration_sync_440x420.png

Also coming to iOS is Google Drive. As you might have known back in April, Google announced Google Drive.

With Google Drive, you are able to store anything you might need to. Books, music, documents, anything - just name it and you are able to store it. What this means now is, you'll be able to stream your music, view your PDF's, etc.

You'll also be able to edit your google document files from iOS. It syncs across all your devices so no need to worry about it not saving its all in the cloud of google. Google gives you 5 GBs for free. Need more? Pricing starts at $2.49 / Month for 25 GB.

GB storage Cost/Month
5GB 25GB 100GB 200GB 400GB 1TB 2TB 4TB 8TB 16TB
Free $2.49 $4.99 $9.99 $19.99 $49.99 $99.99 $199.99 $399.99 $899.99

Storage with Google Drive is pretty cheek. I honestly don't see anyone using more than 100 GB at most. You can cheek it out at

https://drive.google.com/start

Click here to view the article

• Like 1

You'll always find that niche group of users that somehow are able to breach that 100GB with ease.

This may finally turn out to be the alternative to iDisk that I've been looking for and with this price to storage ratio, it's certainly worth it.

• Like 2

Well, after trying it i can say google still needs to work on it, not a viable alternative to Dolphin HD. Btw, i'm amused by the reviews on the appstore link! :D

@DoiX You know those appstore reviews are overinflated can never make a solid judgement based on them. =\

Give it sometime though and I believe it should be promising once Google just doesn't develop it and leave it to sit like a few more of their past projects.

Problem with cloud storage is ISP's data caps. If I have to pay extra because my total internet usage exceeded 150GB for the month, and I was just listening to my own music and accessing my own files, I would be p.o.'d

Problem with cloud storage is ISP's data caps. If I have to pay extra because my total internet usage exceeded 150GB for the month, and I was just listening to my own music and accessing my own files, I would be p.o.'d

that's {censored} I have unlimited Internet but I'm stuck with dsl -_- but I sometime used 20gigs Ina day with heavy download and everyone in my house....

that's {censored} I have unlimited Internet but I'm stuck with dsl -_- but I sometime used 20gigs Ina day with heavy download and everyone in my house....
Where I live in California, internet options are either Comcast, AT&T or Hughes (satellite so avail everywhere) AT&T began capping in May with 150gb for DSL and 250gb for Uverse, they forced me to upgrade to Uverse :) Comcast has 200gb cap. Hughes may not have caps but cost more for slower speed and is intended for people who live in the middle of nowhere and can only get dial-up otherwise. No Version FIOS :( Usage is combination of upload and download. Most countries/providers have had caps for a while now.

Certainly right other countries indeed have caps because my Canadian friends up north. I have Verizon FiOS and they are indeed the greatest thing I've come across since the invention of females.

Sliced bread falls somewhere in between :)
  • Like 2

I used chrome the day it came out and honestly I still like safari or dolphin better. theres still to many issues with chrome that need to be fixed before I can consider this a replacement browser. Hopefully it gets better with the next update.