Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Virtualisation on my compaq 610

3 posts in this topic

hi guys,

I need your all help to used virtualisation of mac os X lion on my compaq 610 running on windows 7 with core 2 duo processor T5870 @ 2.00 GHz.

my processor is not supported to hardware virtualisation.

i am using vm ware version 8.0.3 for the virtualisation and a pre insyalled vmx and vmdb file.

i also used the hardware virtualisation patch but i guess it is not working.

i dont know what to do to used mac os x as my virtual os,

is there hardware virtualsation patch for 8.0.4

actuly i used every version of vemware from 7.1.3 to 8,0,4 but not any luck to achive the OS x lion

can i run the snow leapoard with my system.

one more thing, when i edit my vmx file and change darwin10 64 to darwin 10 i get stio sign with gray background but no apple logo ,

and when i go into verbose mode i get error 32 bit only pc.

is there ant 32 bit version of mac os which support the iphone 5.1 sdk

actually i want to learn the programming for the iphone

plwase guyes help me

awaiting your replys and thanks in advance.

:angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not:

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Balenciaga
      If you're a long time user and you've seen everything, please skip introduction and go to the Red part.
      I have decided to write my process of virtualisation of an already configured OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5) with apps and user data.
      Basically, I am creating a full copy of the system that would normally work as it works on Macbook Pro, but without network features.
      The goal is to preserve outdated applications and working environment as it is now for future reference. Having an easy-to-handle virtual disk that could be booted ten years from now on a potential Intel 8-core (or quadruple that) system is what I have in mind. (Or maybe even now on a much stronger system, but it is NOT intended for web-browsing, iMessage and everyday tasks)
      I still haven't figured out everything, but I am getting there. (That's why I need some help).
      VMware looks as the best option. Having a vmdisk with turned off persistence that's laying on a few external HDDs is the way to go.
      I have done something similar to this:
      (in short: booting Mac OSX in VMware, cloning previously created sparse image to new vmdisk using Carbon Copy Cloner., and then booting that disk)
      The model of Macbook Pro that is getting his virtual life: Mid-2012 13-inch
      After trial and error of few host/guest combinations, I got what I was looking for with Workstation Pro 12.5 on Windows with a Mountain Lion (10.8.2) image.
      Since I couldn't configure an USB 3.0 connection or VMware built-in sharing I used a workaround.
      (Both seem unsupported unless you're using Fusion, or another guest such as any Windows.)
      My workaround was sharing between Win 8.1 (Host) and Mac 10.8.2 (Guest) via Ethernet cable connected to a modem/router. The trick is to pick bridged option (or direct) in the virtual machine network settings, to avoid systems sharing the same IP address. Everything else is the same - creating a windows account with the same username and password as on Mac, then sharing the file to that user.
      It's funny how data goes out and comes back through the same cable but I got the speeds four times of a 2.0 connection.
      After the transfer I have shut down the machine, swapped the disks (virtually - from Disk2 to Disk0). Started it up - and it worked!
      I was surprised to see how well VMware handled the transfer. Mountain Lion (10.8.5) was running smoothly with everything in its place with half the power of how it usually runs (less RAM and CPU).
      Red part
      So what is the problem?
      There are few tells that the created virtual system isn't completely real to the original system. For example, few options were set to default, such as touchpad configuration, and launchpad looked the same as in 10.8.2. I suspect it might be the fact that I was running 10.8.2 first, or for the fact that CCC doesn't create a full copy with bootloader and recovery partition when creating a sparse image.
      What's even bigger problem is - authorization of half of the apps (serial key resets). Half of them work fine, half of them ask for my login info or serial number, while many of them are already very outdated and unsupported. If that happens in 10 years from now when I boot the image, I might as well forget about doing this.
      What I'm planning to do next: using real data from my MBP to spoof the system and ultimately all the apps. (I know this is frowned upon, but I am using it offline).
      One way is implementing data into vmx file, is there anything else to keep the virtual OS thinking he is inside my exact device (Mid-2012 13-inch)?
      I will be redoing a virtual disk image, then copying files for the spoof before the first boot inside VMware.
      Potential options:
      Creating a physical copy of Mac HDD with Filezilla to an external HDD and then booting it directly in VMware (not a fan of this option) Running Filezilla inside VMware, cloning Mac HDD to a new vmdisk, then changing options to Mac OS and booting it Doing this on a Linux host instead of Windows ditching VMware, and going for VirtualBox exploring a more direct option of converting physical drive into a vmdisk (with vSphere?) Using Migration Assistant or Time Machine Using VMware Fusion (bad experience)  
      What do you think, is this even possible?
    • By sl1fka
      Hi all...
      I saw a thread about getting Tiger on  VirtualBox and was interested in it, so i downloaded the ISO and set it up in VirtualBox.
      The only problem is, it won't install. It boots the installer, but then it won't get any further than that. It either a) goes to the Apple logo with a cancel sign over it, or in verbose mode, it will stay on "still waiting for root device".
      Any ideas on how to fix this? 

• By seven_lions
      I'm moving to OS X as my main OS, but I would still like to play my Windows games virtualized in Parallels.
      I was considering the i5 3570 since that has great performance, best value for money (£160)
      However I could spend up to £200 on an i7 if it is really worth the money. Would hyperthreading & 8 threads really be worth the extra money in this situation?
      How much would it help performance to play my virtualised games, and what VM settings would you use in either case?
      My other specs will be:
      Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
      12gb 1333mhz RAM
      Vertex 4 + HDDs for VMs & storage.
    • By seven_lions
      Hi Everyone, I'm finally coming back to OSX86. I've endured Windows 7's bugs and shortcomings for too long and I beleive OSX is the way forward for me. But I still want to enjoy my windows games at near native performance without having to dual boot. So I'm rebuilding my rig with this new spec:
      i5 3570 3.4Ghz (Not the K version, so Vt-d is available)
      Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H (I checked is fully working with 10.8.2)
      12gb RAM
      Vertex 4 120gb for OSX install, HDDs for VMs.
      So I gather the Intel HD 4000 should be working well enough for the standard OSX experience, I won't need it for anything too graphics intensive.
      I've just been looking at graphics cards for PC gaming and want to get the Radeon HD 7770. I know that card isn't currently supported in Mountain Lion but that shouldn't be a problem for Vt-d. I could go for the 6870 with higher power requirements and compatibility with OSX if needed, but it wouldn't be ideal. A side question - how likely is it looking that the 7770 will be supported in the future? I've read some conflicting past speculation.
      I plan on trying both Parallels and Vmware for my Windows 7 VMs. Does anyone here have experience in assigning a graphics card to a VM for near native 3D gaming? I read on TomsHardware someone got this working very well on Linux (I will link if you'd like to see). If I'm not mistaken it doesn't matter whether the graphics card is compatible with the host OS or not, the Vt-d will assign the IO direct to the VM. Am I also correct in assuming no monitor needs to be attached to the graphics card directly?
      Thanks for your expert advice! I can't wait to get started.
    • By machstem
      Hi all,
      Love the idea of having to pass a quiz to post. Hopefully I don't noob my question too much.
      I followed and tried the guides I have found online, and then I fell on here to install OSx on VMWare Fusion.
      My main purpose is that I have an older app I want to run (Homeworld 2), but because it requires a PowerPC, only 10.5/10.6 will support it. (my legit installs)
      I have the retails disc for 10.6, but the original install disc for my MBP for 10.5...and now that I am writing this, that might be my issue...but who knows.
      Basically, I have the following:
      OSx 10.7 Lion
      Fusion 4.1.1

Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 8 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: MBP52.008E.B05 SMC Version (system): 1.42f4
      My install disc is the disc that came with my laptop, version 10.5.
      I followed a guide here: http://blog.michael....are-fusion-4-0/
      I didn't end up making it work, but it did give me a better idea as to why I can't load it natively.
      From the comments, I came here and I have since tried and retried to make it work, but after having registered, I did realized that I was attempting to run the install from a 10.5 disc that is for my MBP. Could this be the reason why I can't install it under VMWare Fusion 4.1.1 ?
      My only solution other than VMWare Fusion is to dual-boot into 10.5 (haven't looked at guides for this yet), but I imagine that can work. Obviously running 10.5 virtual would be better, if only to provide me with my game over the virtual session.
      Anyway, when I attempted my install, I see the Apple logo boot screen, the little spinning icon, then the Apple logo turns into a Circle+X and just hangs there are the install.
      The guide here seems to focus so much more on VMWare Workstation, etc. Can someone link me to a guide specifically for Fusion 4.1.1, or at least confirm if it works?
      One thing I did notice, is that VMWare Fusion had 10.7 as an option, after running your patch. It still didn't seem to go.
      Thanks to any and all help!