Iphoto won't launch or update

KHIT

2 posts in this topic

Hi

After reformatting my hack the other day, I reinstalled iLife '11 on it, and got a message the certificate for the installer was invalid. I just continued, because it's on my iLife DVD, so I trusted the application. After installing I immediately updated all installed applications before trying to launch iPhoto '11. At that point all updates installed perfectly, but when I started iPhoto it told me that it needed a software update in order to run under Lion, but I did just install the latest version. Anyway I checked just to be sure, but there were no updates available.

I then searched or help in non-apple forums and found out that deleting applications and all lines in Library/Receipts/InstallHistory.plist that has something to do with iLife and rebooting might solve the issue, but no it still won't neither launch or update iPhoto, but the rest of the apps work perfectly.

Does anyone have a solution for my problem.

When opening iPhoto i get this in console:

21/06/12 18.11.40,262 com.apple.coreservices.uiagent: Jun 21 18:11:40 kenneths-imac CoreServicesUIAgent[17884] <Notice>: Application failed to launch (id = com.apple.iPhoto, version = 9.0 reason = kLSIncompatibleApplicationVersionErr)

Be aware that the code is copied last week to use in the other forum, but the error is still the same.